Light-O-Rama Forums

Can A 27 Channel EasyDMX Work Like A CMB24D?

dragonzpneuma

I have two 27 channel EasyDMX controllers that I am adding to my show this year.  I planned to drop them off my E682 and run them through E1.31.  I will also be running my LOR controllers off the 485 USB connector.  I was just wondering if anyone knew of a firmware update to the 27 channel controllers that would allow them to be recognized on the 485 adapter, just like the CMB24D does (I am running one CMB24D also)?  I'm sure I will still run them through E1.31, but I am still in the learning process with RGB and want to know all the options that are available out there.  Thanks for your time!!

I have two 27 channel EasyDMX controllers that I am adding to my show this year.  I planned to drop them off my E682 and run them through E1.31.  I will also be running my LOR controllers off the 485 USB connector.  I was just wondering if anyone knew of a firmware update to the 27 channel controllers that would allow them to be recognized on the 485 adapter, just like the CMB24D does (I am running one CMB24D also)?  I'm sure I will still run them through E1.31, but I am still in the learning process with RGB and want to know all the options that are available out there.  Thanks for your time!!

Your EasyDMX controllers only talk DMX, not LOR. No firmware updates to accomplish this.

Your E682 can supply regular DMX on any of the four clusters. See J22 in the last two pages of the documentation.

You might consider the ELOR, which has a couple of regular DMX outputs and talks LOR on your 485 USB network.

• Like 1

J1Sys  and DIY Led Express both have E1.31 to DMX protocol converters (5 universe and 6 universe) that you can plug into your E1.31 line and they output DMX512 without having to use a Dongle or using one of you E682 outputs.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked