Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC Channels 5-8 won't work

LightsofGlenwood

So I just completed my controller kit and channels 5-8 will not function.  All other channels work fine.  When i swap the black wire from say channel 8 to channel 4 it will function fine.  In other words it is not a neutral or ground issue.  I expect possibly a resistor network issue of something like that, maybe a solder joint isn't good.  Has anyone had a similar issue?  Is there a diagram for this PCB that may help.  This is my second kit to complete and the first one works fine.  Thanks for any help

You most likely installed R16 or R15 (a resistor network) backwards.  Check it.  If it is installed correctly, touch up all the pins and look for solder bridges.

If it is backwards, use a very small very sharp set of side cutters, CAREFULLY cut it from the board, then CAREFULLY desolder all the pins.  Be very careful you do not destroy the pads or traces.  Open a help desk ticket so we can send you another RN.

If you don't want to try to fix it yourself, you can send it in for us to repair.  Again, open a help desk ticket.

• Like 1

Its been some time DevMike. But I thought only one resistor pack is sensitive as to which pin is #1 and properly indexed on the board. But swapping resistor packs surely can foul things up.

• The topic was locked