Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Pixel Controllers

dl20415

This year I am adding another pixel tree. I want them both doing the same thing. Last years tree was a 360 16 string tree. I'm adding a 180 16 string tree, all LOR pixel controllers. Can I Id the new controllers the same as the others, and run the two trees with the same ids?

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to check the configuration of the CCP unit once it has been added to the sequence editor?  I have everything programmed but don't know if I flipped the first string to put the number "1" at the far left.  Thanks from an "Almost Newbie."

Is there a way to check the configuration of the CCP unit once it has been added to the sequence editor?  I have everything programmed but don't know if I flipped the first string to put the number "1" at the far left.  Thanks from an "Almost Newbie."

Hardware Utility

• Like 1

I think the only thing you might have to insure matches both trees, the sequence channelization to the hardware of both trees. As long as both are wired identically with controllers that work identically or similar, you probably won't have any issues. What I'm speaking of is insuring the each pixel on each tree, is in the same hardware location on both, in relation to the SE. I'm doing two pixel trees this year and due to other circumstances, I'm using more than one type of controller. This creates issues with programming the SE. I'm also using different types of strips/nodes on both so that too created a complexity. If both of your trees are identical, it shouldn't be an issue although, having two controllers with the same IP address...not sure that will fly but I'm very much a newbie so I don't know. I haven't seen LOR's pixel controller yet so not sure if it will allow this or not.

I'm also using different types of strips/nodes on both so that too created a complexity. If both of your trees are identical, it shouldn't be an issue although, having two controllers with the same IP address...not sure that will fly but I'm very much a newbie so I don't know. I haven't seen LOR's pixel controller yet so not sure if it will allow this or not.

You can't have two devices with the same IP. There will be conflict and neither will work. Ethernet doesn't work like RS485.

Edited by EmmienLightFan

I was pretty sure they would not work like that and the OP did say, pixel controllers, not AC controllers. Now maybe LOR's new pixel controller that hasn't gotten out yet, who knows.

I was pretty sure they would not work like that and the OP did say, pixel controllers, not AC controllers. Now maybe LOR's new pixel controller that hasn't gotten out yet, who knows.

Who were you talking to???

The original poster asked about doing this with CCPs.  Assuming he is really talking about LOR CCPs, there is no problem with having two sets with duplicated IDs.

If he is asking about E1.31 pixel controllers, it still could be done by using multicast rather than unicast. 

• The topic was locked