Light-O-Rama Forums

Agghhh! What a Frikken Mess!

David Barnett

Well crap!  System restore didn't work to get rid of my 4.04 install...to revert to 3.12

OK, how did I get into this mess!

I had 3.12 installed, working fine.

My LOR data files folder was on my D: drive.

OK, so I created a folder to install the version 4 beta into as well as a new version 4 data file folder.  Or, so I thought!

WOW, I've got crossed over files from everywhere now.  Non of my LOR works at this time, 4.04 beta or 3.12

As mentioned, System  restore didn't do anything to restore to my previous state of just 3.12 when all was well.

You see, XL/Nutcracker ver 4.x beta is running too. Well, on that program, you could install v4.x into a different directory from 3.x to NOT screw anything up!

Well, silly me. I tried to do the same for LOR 4.04 beta.....oops didn't realize it would wipeout/overwrite my v 3.12 stuff. I thought as I did in XL/Nutcracker, I could keep the 2 separate.  Uhhh NO!

So, now after trying to get back to the way things were with restore, I guess LOR 4.04 did something to the registry, even   on rollback...it's still screwed up!  AGGHHH!!

I will do a helpdesk thing too. But, just wanted to see if anyone had a simple solution, dead in the water right now!

I suspect I'll have to backup the data, uninstall 4.04, re-install 3.12 again, and recopy data.  It ticks me off a little that I just couldn't go back with a restore point.  WTH did LOR do to my registry!!

Any insight appreciated.  Helpful to me if done in step by step format.

Best,

David

The proper way to go backwards on any program is to UNINSTALL it, not do a system restore.  You shot yourself in the foot.

Uninstall ALL LOR programs now.  Then run registry wipe.  Re-install 3.12.

Your sequences/etc are not lost.  We do NOT delete your data, and it should always be located in your MyDocuments\Light-O-Rama folder.

The link to the registry wipe program is in the reply to your ticket.

Thanks Mike, will give it a go. Does it matter my data folder is: D:\ Light-O-Rama Data Files . I don't have a MyDocuments\Light-O-Rama folder.

Thanks again.
David

Whew!  Back  in Business. Thanks Mike. 3.12.2 running fine.

Note to self: Stay away from betas, for right now. :-)

Best,

David