Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR moniter/ control panel keeps freezing and stopping show?

gazza554

From the picture, it seem that the USB Serial Converter which is the LOR USB device attach to the USB Root Hub. Right click and select Properties. when the properties window up, if you see any tab Power Management, click it and check to see the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is checked. If it checked, then uncheck it. This option allow the device to turn off the power if it idle for a period and created the device power drop below the requirement which caused the software stop responding.

NgocHong

nope still keeps freezing but i think it is deffo to do with the usb, as when it freezes and says "not responding" i unplug the usb and put it back in and it works, so i think i might switch the cat5 cable inside the light linker to the ohter cat5 input on the sender to see if that makes any difference, as i cant think of anything else?

when the problem happened and you deleted the application in task manager, dont unplug the device. If you still be able to access the Device Manager, check to see any yellow (!) appear right by USB Serial Converter device. If yes, right click at it and select Properties. In General tab, under the Device status, write down the error and post here for me.

NgocHong

I forgot to ask, do you enable your system to screen saver or enable your system power enter standby or hibernate mode. If you did, disable them. Somehow during playing the show, the communication between the LOR software and the device became lost which cause the system hang.

NgocHong

show still stalling so may revert back to original software and try that, but not sure what else ther is to do

edit - oh, just wondering how to save my music sequences? as i saved them onto a disc as i loaded the software on my mums comp at her house tried to open the sequences in the seaquance editer and it only brung up the lights and had no music with it? how do i ad the music?>

thanks