Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR moniter/ control panel keeps freezing and stopping show?

gazza554

the show and sequence works fine, but eveery now and then the lor moniter and control panel will just crash and i need to either restart comp or put in sleep mode and start back up to get it working again?

i have updated the lateset software and it still does the same?

can someone tell me what im doing wrong please?

thanks

(edit) - i have just found i dont have to restart to get it workin but i still have to unplug the usb and replug it back in? thanks

Hi Mountainwxman

I too have this problem. Can you tell me where to download the updated USB drivers and is there a way I can check my PC to determine if I have the updated USB drivers installed, i.e. the version of a particular file, etc.

Thanks

Simon

i have all the updated drivers/software

and stil i started the show again and still the same is happening?

when i go into windows tals manager after the show freezes, it says "not responding" as if it has just crashed?

please help me? (Dan are you there? lol)

thanks

I updated the USB drivers yesterday but this didn’t fix the problem. I therefore removed the USB connector and changed to the DB9 Serial Port adapter. This appears to have been a successful workaround, as the LOR software didn’t miss a beat all night when connected to the DB9 serial adapter.

Regards

Simon

well unfortanatly i dont have a serial adabter as im on the laptop, also if this helps im using the light linkers and the laptop is not wired straight to the board?

dont know if thats any difference but the software still keeps crashing

It does sound like a USB problem. If you have upgraded to the latest USB drivers and this is continuing to happen then I do not have a good answer for you. Have you tried different USB ports on the laptop?

no not tried that so will take i look, i only thought it was a software problem because it was not responding and i dnot see how hard ware can cause this. but i kno nothing about computers tech bits anyway so i; see how a different usb prt goes on tomorrow nights show

thanks and il keep you all up to date on if it solves the problem

ok tried a new usb port and still the same happened, only thing is, it was going perfect, then the show came on perfectly, after the show finished, the lights came back on normal but some channels did not turn on until the first colour change (after 1 minute) then they all came on, but after a few min's all the lights turned off. so i unplugged the usb and plugged it back in and it started working again, so it does seem to be a usb fault, i tried a new usb that time so il try another one now. (only one left so i hope it works, if not, what do i do then? lol)

thanks all

gary

edit - nope it still keeps freezing just noticed though. i took out the fm modulator from the headphone jack and it went off after that? just wondered id this could be anything to do with it?

If you have a second computer and try to plug the USB adapter and still have the same problem, then you got the malfunction adapter, it is the cause make the system become unresponse/hang.

NgocHong,

The main cause your system hang is because there is a conflict between your system and the USB adapter which is we need to identify first to see which one. If it is not the adapter then we can diagnose your system, but now you dont have which make the matter a little complicate. Give me a minute to think.

NgocHong

Click Start->(right click)My Computer->Manage. This will bring the Computer Management window up. On left hand window double click the Device Managager. Then click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus controllers It will look similiar the attach image.

Attached files 146253=8607-untitled.bmp