Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP vs CCR

BlackwolfK9

Is the basic difference between the CCR and the CCP is that the CCR is strips and not pixels.  And are you able to do the same thing with them?

Edited by BlackwolfK9

CCR, 150 individual Pixels per 5 meter strip, 3 LEDs per pixel to add up to a total of 50 pixels.

CCP/B 2 strings of 50 pixels for a total of 100 pixels

Pros: 

CCR, very bright because of 3 LEDs for each pixel

CCP/B, not as bright, 2 reasons, 1 pixel per pixel and a milky white diffuser. Very easy to make tight corners, ie., Windows, doors, etc. Gives an almost C7/C9 traditional Christmas Light look

Cons:

CCR Tight bends (windows, doors, etc.) are virtually impossible without cutting the strip, which voids the warranty. Fragile

CCP, not as bright for the reasons above.

In my opinion, each have their place in a pixel display. It's really a personal decision as to what you would like to accomplish. I have a mixture of both and I love all of them. Personally for me, I only want my strips on something flat and straight, but it's not a game changer. A lot of folks have them in arch configurations and such.

Just my humble opinion.

I like the ccp's because of the traditional look they give. Also now there are a few people selling pixel strips for the ccp's which make it very easy to make a pixel tree or about anything else out of it. 

Thanks so much for the comparison.  So basically what you can do as far as light show, you can do with the other.

Cons:

CCR Tight bends (windows, doors, etc.) are virtually impossible without cutting the strip, which voids the warranty. Fragile

CCP, not as bright for the reasons above.

I agree, From my experience CCR's do not like to be attached to a prop/window/eve, then be taken done and stored only to put them up the next year. Having said that they are a very easy to sequence and if I could afford them I would have more.

Edit To clarify above I meant the CCR's rolled up and stored on the shipping wheel. Attached to a prop permanently is your best bet.

Keep in mind 1 CCR = 150 channels and 1 CCP/CCB = 300 channels, this becomes important on your license for Superstar to export, and your ability/ or want to run multiple networks.

Alan...

Edited by default

Ribbons are 16 feet and CCP/CCB are 50 feet (at least I hope they are).

• The topic was locked