Light-O-Rama Forums

Having Some Trouble

Richard III

I have been using LOR for Two years now and last year I ran it off of a director commputer This year i decided to try and download a Animation Seqence to my CTB16D and it wouldnt let me schedual when i want ed the show to run so I decide I will try the play when plugged in mode. So I downloaded the sepqence and and it playd when I plugged it in and so that was good. But I dont want to have to unplugg and plug in my LOR every nite so I tried to unload the Standalone settings and it says that the unit is not reciving my command and to try agian and it dosent work when i retry it. And then when I refresh the hardware utility It syas it finds 2 or 3 units sumtimes and it calls them unknow devices. I hope you understand what I am having trouble with and if I wasnt clear about anything just ask me and I will try to explain it better.

And when I plug in the LOR the light flashes much quicker than it usually did.

Now it flashes like this - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Used to flah like this - - - - - - - - - -

[line]

Any Help Will be Very Appreciatted

Thanks Ricky

Edit - Added some more Info

dslowik wrote:

Also, If you have changed any of the selector switches, verify that each one is uniqe and not set to 00.

Yup I did that and I will try the idea you have nin your first post - thanks for the quick reply

dslowik -

Thanks So Much For Your help and the resetting tip you gave me worked perfectly.

One More Thing if you no the awnser - When I upload a standalone seqencue do you know why I cant select the opition to have the seqence play from a certian time to a certinan end time. Becuase the only option I have is the one that the seqence plays when the unit is plugged in

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Ricky

The red area in the picture is the second problem I am having and the only thing that i can think of is that maybe the CTB16D dosent support this feature in standalone mode but because it is the delux i thought it did

Attached files 145814=8585-Hardware utility.JPG

Richard III wrote:

One More Thing if you no the awnser - When I upload a standalone seqencue do you know why I cant select the opition to have the seqence play from a certian time to a certinan end time. Becuase the only option I have is the one that the seqence plays when the unit is plugged in

I'm thinking that an onboard clock wasn't implemented on the hardware side of these boards, but I'm not 100% sure. When I used standalone a couple of years ago, I just set it to turn on whenever it had power. I bought a digital lamp timer from Radio Shack so that I could set the exact time I wanted it to come on and off. I hooked it up the right side of the unit that was my standalone controller and it worked just fine. Make sure if you do this, that the timer you buy can handle whatever amps you are pulling on the right hand side of the board.

Ok ya that is a good Idea - So if I plug in the right side to the timer the left side can just be plugged directly into an oulet becuase the right side of the board is the side that controls the standalone seqences

Richard III wrote:

Ok ya that is a good Idea - So if I plug in the right side to the timer the left side can just be plugged directly into an oulet becuase the right side of the board is the side that controls the standalone seqences

The right side controls channels 8-16 plus the board logic. When you unplug it, the LED will stop flashing and it will no longer be seen by the hardware utility. All of the other boards that are daisy chained can be fully plugged in since they will just be waiting on commands from your standalone board.

Ok the Timer worked really good. So Now I have one more Question (Sorry). When I trie to remove the standalone seqence from the board I get the messages in the picture below. And then the seqence does not get removed and the only way to remove the seqence is to reset the unit by seeting the unti to the ID of 00 like you David said in an earlier post above.

Thanks

Ricky

Attached files 145850=8588-Hardware utility 2.JPG

I don't know if it will help or not, but you could try updaing the firmware on the board. It appears to be 2.0 in your screenshot. You can get new firmware here. You'll need to look and see if your boards are green or blue colored.

First, The 16D board does not have a time of day clock and therefore cannot be scheduled to operate on it's own.

Second, Are you sure you have the sequence loaded in ID#1? You will need to select the unit that contains the loaded sequence in the upper center of the hardware utility in order to remove the sequence. I am taking a guess that the error your getting is because there is no standalone sequence loaded in the controller that your trying to "unload".

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

First, The 16D board does not have a time of day clock and therefore cannot be scheduled to operate on it's own.

Second, Are you sure you have the sequence loaded in ID#1? You will need to select the unit that contains the loaded sequence in the upper center of the hardware utility in order to remove the sequence. I am taking a guess that the error your getting is because there is no standalone sequence loaded in the controller that your trying to "unload".

Chuck

First - Thanks

Second - I am sure that I downloaded the seqence to unit ID 01 becuase I tried it a bunch of times and the Unit plays the seqence fine when I attach it to power and the only thing I have trouble with is etting it off of it

Thanks

Ricky

dslowik wrote:

I don't know if it will help or not, but you could try updaing the firmware on the board. It appears to be 2.0 in your screenshot. You can get new firmware here. You'll need to look and see if your boards are green or blue colored.

I have a blue board and yes the firmwire is 2.0 - I will try and update the firmwire

Ok ho w exactly do I upload the new firmwire- becuase it is not working for me

Wheneva I try to upload the firmwire I get the messge shown in the pic below. And board blinks one long and then one short then long then short which means "update firmwire"

Thanks Agian

Edit - Spelling

Attached files 145927=8597-hardware utility 3.JPG

Richard III wrote:

Wheneva I try to upload the firmwire I get the messge shown in the pic below. And board blinks one long and then one short then long then short which means "update firmwire"

Thanks Agian

Edit - Spelling

If you power the board on/off does it still have the firmware blink or does it go back to the normal blink?

LightORamaDan wrote:

Richard III wrote:

Thanks Agian

Edit - Spelling

If you power the board on/off does it still have the firmware blink or does it go back to the normal blink?

Still has the firmware blink -

Ricky

Hi - I thought that I would let everyone know that me and Dan had many emails back and forth tryign to solve the problem - Well Dan and I fixed it with not to much Trouble. I explained to dan what was the symtoms and he figured it might be the proccesing chip and so he sent me a new one ASAP. I put it in tonite and my LOR runs beautifully. I can add and delete seqences from standalone and there is no more firmware blink

Ricky