Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie help

thunsicker

IE & the LOR website don't play nice together. I've had issues with it in the past.

Ok we may have figured it out out with IE in with Firefox or chrome I'll will try tomorrow let you know

If you have Firefox or Chrome, great use one of them, if not just download with Internet Explorer as the video shows and change the .xml to .lms as you save.

All is good thanks for the help Internet Explorer is the issue, went on chrome and no issues

I will have someone take a look at that. The "regular" sequences are wrapped up in an installer. You download and execute the installer and the installer unpacks and places the files into the correct location/folders for you. So in that "normal" case there are no issues with file names. However it appears that the free sequences are delivered as "raw" files and IE looks inside the file, sees that it is stored in XML format and renames the file as a "courtesy" for the user... If we deliver the free files wrapped in installers the issue will go away... I really got carried away putting things in "quotes" in this post :)

Dan

• 1 month later...

I had all kinds of problems trying to use IE with LOR... Even here on the forums... IE does not like to play or even copy paste on The Forums.... Downloaded and started using Chrome here.... with google.... oh what a difference it makes... i can copy paste, copy paste different sites, u tubes etc....

a little example.... this is to my u tubes for halloween and Christmas videos..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw

also this was my first year using LOR.. and thanks to James, Bob and many others who helped me out 

Edited by Old Sarge