Light-O-Rama Forums

Arrow on 2811 strip what dose it mean?

Quefol

Just tested my e682 with 2811 pixel strips with a 12 ribbon superstar I purchased a sequence from holidaysequences but dosent look anything like it should can't make any images out not shure what the problem is if I were using the first 12 outputs on the e682 what channel configuration would I need right now I got 1st cluster start universe 1 channel 1 2nd cluster start universe 2 channel 91 and third cluster start universe 3 channel 181 every thing else looks correct with e682 settings one thing I did find is on the 2811 strips there is a arrow on them that are not all in the same direction not shure what they mean I put water proof pig tails on but not shure if it maters what end of the 2811's they need to be on Thanks

The arrow is for the direction of the data and power (in one end and out the other end).  If you are using all 12 outputs on the 682 then start each ribbon at pixel #1 and each output on a different universe. (not the most efficiant use but may be less confusing). Normally you would strart the first output on the first universes and start the second output on the next channel used after the previous strip (i.e. 50 pixel strip wouild be universe xtrip 1 #1-150,  next strip would be universe 1  #152-300) etc,  Remember not to exceed 510 before going to the next universe number.

Edited by jerrymac

To add to the above, both the LOR universe configuration and your sequence, must match the configuration of the E682. One other thing to note is that the colors being displayed will be for CCR's and not for WS2811 pixel nodes. HolidaySequences creates their magic using SuperStar which was designed for Cosmic Color Ribbons to which there is a color offset built in by the programmer. To get the colors correct on WS2811's, you should consider loading the original holidaysequences file in SS, then change the Tools/Configuration sub-menu, click to change to "Full Range" and "Export Raw Values". Under the file sub-menu pulldown, Export to the new file name, not the same one, and click to save as. In the SE, open that file name, then copy and paste the commands to your desired sequence.

This should be a lot easier with the V4 software that should be coming out shortly

Hey dgrant can this be done with Just the demo version of SS or would you need the SS licence to do what you mentioned above. Is there a way they can change that before we purchase from them. Thanks. Chris.

Holidaysequences can be already configued to raw dmx if you ask it's also converted as a lms file so you don't need the ss editor you just have to place it in the main sequence I am using the subsequence method

Oh ok that makes sense. I Haven't purchased anything from them yet. So I wasn't sure how it worked. (Sorry for side tracking this thread) ;)

Edited by Cdanna77

In e682 setup of the strips, make sure you have the correct order for red green and blue. For all the strips I have, correct setup is GRB.

Also, when programming the E682, the E682 will automatically skip the 2 dead channels when switching universes. You can just program it between universes on the output without any manual programming. In LOR software, not the same. You will have to manually remove the 2 channels.

I may have figured it out first the color order needed to be changed to GBR and channel configuration was incorrect I needed to start each cluster on the first channel of each universe and only used three outputs of each cluster I'll try that thanks for the help