Light-O-Rama Forums

well i just dropped $1300 on pixels

portcity_gt

lol. I just picked up three new bowling balls. And now easing her into the spring sale. Good thing s she's real supportive of my bowling and lights

You've got a lot of balls!

lol. I just picked up three new bowling balls. And now easing her into the spring sale. Good thing s she's real supportive of my bowling and lights

You've got a lot of balls!

You guys are crazy....and lucky. I was only able (allowed) to drop a few hundred on the Coro pre-sale. Wife is a tough one to sell. Any suggestions on breaking through this major barrier?

It's called separate bank account !!!  :D

Plus I have a don't ask/ don't tell policy. She usually doesn't ask & I definately don't tell. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I learned a long time ago to tell my wife what's happening.  Fortunately she really likes decorating for Christmas too so we're on a common page there.  Eventually they'll find out and then it's worse -- best to be up front (from my experience)! We've been putting static lights up for years and had wanted to do animations for some time but the cost was prohibitive then. We started with LOR two years ago on a last minute decision due to some found money -- enough to get us started with a couple controllers and software.  Purchased a premade show from LOR that year as I barely had time to get everything put up.  Last year I started early and did my own sequencing and we added lots of new LED lights to try to keep the electric bill down which it did.  This year I'm hoping to add CCRs and at least one more controller.  I keep her involved through the whole process. She helps select/suggest songs -- she helps me fine tune the sequences when I play the visualizer.  So she is definitely a part of everything which means she is usually excited to add more stuff!f

This year (because of me and Im female BTW) we are expanding from our 1 house to a total of 14 houses on our street!  We will drop a total of around $10K on lights and controllers plus we started a non-profit org in hopes of getting sponsors to help with the costs....so goes to show you BOYS that not all women are light/money scrooges!

my 136 new strands of HLE pre-sale LEDs just showed up today. Wow - that was fast...

Now I need to score some new controllers in the mad grab sale before Deb tries to lock them all up in her cart.....

• The topic was locked