Light-O-Rama Forums

well i just dropped $1300 on pixels

portcity_gt

From holiday coro's pre sale.....now i just have to figure out how to hook up and sequence them by halloween/Christmas.

Well i got controllers,power supplies,enclosures and cables too lol.

I got enough to build a 12 ribbon tree, outline my house and 16 dumb mini trees. A 16 output smart controller, a 4 output smart controller, two 9 output dumb controllers, 5 power supplies, 6 enclosures, mounting plates, and 40 ten foot cables.

Just finished making my 4050 pixel matrix and 12 cages with 96 pixels on each. Reworking my mega tree superstrings and I have 18 completed out of 64. Taking a break of zipties for now and sequencing a few of them to see this matrix. WOW.. I hope it looks this good when I play them.

My lights came from Ray and got a tax bill from DHL today. LOL

Edited by Jeff Messer

Ugh... just clicked "buy" on my shopping cart....

$2500 (or, as far as my wife will know, "about $100")

The pixels were a good chunk, but stuff like power supplies, enclosures, CABLES!, etc all adds up fast.

And now, I will probably be needing to buy SuperStar as well for the sequencing!

Jeff,

If you got pixel strings from Ray be sure they are sealed. I had nightmare problems last year.

Ugh... just clicked "buy" on my shopping cart....

$2500 (or, as far as my wife will know, "about $100")

The pixels were a good chunk, but stuff like power supplies, enclosures, CABLES!, etc all adds up fast.

And now, I will probably be needing to buy SuperStar as well for the sequencing!

OH.. this is so blackmail material!   :ph34r:

You guys are crazy....and lucky. I was only able (allowed) to drop a few hundred on the Coro pre-sale. Wife is a tough one to sell. Any suggestions on breaking through this major barrier?

You guys are crazy....and lucky. I was only able (allowed) to drop a few hundred on the Coro pre-sale. Wife is a tough one to sell. Any suggestions on breaking through this major barrier?

I clean the bathrooms every week. In 32 years she has never had to clean a toilet. Helps with all kinds of areas of my life.

"Happy wife, happy life".

Just saying.

Also, have her input matter to you on song selections. It will help make it her show too. Once she starts "helping", she's more understanding. My wife has crossed over where she's even pushing me for my new mega tree project.

Good luck.

My wife actually put $500 of her money in on the order lol

OH.. this is so blackmail material! :ph34r:

And I'm not posting how much I've spent for this very reason. Digital posts are forever. "I just hope when I die she sells them for what they're worth and not what she thinks we paid".

I guess that statement could even bury me.

And I'm not posting how much I've spent for this very reason. Digital posts are forever. "I just hope when I die she sells them for what they're worth and not what she thinks we paid".

I guess that statement could even bury me.

Speak for yourself.. I am takin mine with me to the grave!   :P

Luckily- my wife love the lights.... and I made sure to highlight that Im expanding the elements SHE likes the most.

"Honey, Im not really ADDING a lot of stuff, I'm JUST converting all the incandescent lights to pixels.... so pretty modest change - in fact- it will definitely reduce the electric usage- so really- Im saving us money"

I clean the bathrooms every week. In 32 years she has never had to clean a toilet. Helps with all kinds of areas of my life.

"Happy wife, happy life".

Just saying.

Also, have her input matter to you on song selections. It will help make it her show too. Once she starts "helping", she's more understanding. My wife has crossed over where she's even pushing me for my new mega tree project.

Good luck.

I let her pick half the songs, and she gets basically final approval on finished sequences lol. This year I kept showing her videos with pixels trees with the Holidaysequences sequences in the pixel trees to the point that she told me we needed to build a pixel tree for this year lol.

I dropped a nice chunk of change, too. But after reading these post I don't feel too bad!

My wife is super supportive, she love the lights and I love building the show. I am not sure how she will react when she sees I snuck a new bowling ball in there...... :unsure:

.....I am not sure how she will react when she sees I snuck a new bowling ball in there...... :unsure:

Does it have pixels in it?

It can by Christmas... :D

we will see if I can bowl with it or not first, it may turn out to be a real heavy globe this year

Whenever Sharon and I might discuss costs, I remind her that the whole blinky-flashy thing was HER idea, and that SHE was the one who originally sent me a link to LOR's video page.

I dropped a nice chunk of change, too. But after reading these post I don't feel too bad!

My wife is super supportive, she love the lights and I love building the show. I am not sure how she will react when she sees I snuck a new bowling ball in there...... :unsure:

lol. I just picked up three new bowling balls. And now easing her into the spring sale. Good thing s she's real supportive of my bowling and lights