Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows error 1310 while install

friskybri

I went to get into LOR and it gave me an error so I went to reinstall the program and kept getting error 1310.  After deleting it and trying a few times.   I went to this thread. I have no idea why this thread was locked but non of these things helped. 

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/13175-windows-7-install-error/?hl=1310

After trying different directories and all the 1310 ideas on LOR I found this to work.  

Just for future reference is someone else has an issue.  

Disable Java

The Java application settings are located in Control Panel. You’ll find Java Control Panel options. Disable the Java and then restart the web browser application.

For Windows 8.1/ 8:

• Press Windows Key + X.
  • Click Control Panel.
  • Click Java Control Panel icon.
  • Click the Security tab in the new dialog.
  • Uncheck the box labelled “Enable Java content in the browser”.
  • Click Apply | OK.
  • Restart your web browser.

Note: If you can’t see Java Control Panel, click the “View by” drop down box and select “Large icons” option.

For Earlier Versions of Windows:

• Click Start, select Control Panel.
  • Click Programs
  • Refer Steps # 3-7 from Windows 8.1/ 8 user’s paragraph.

Sounds more like their version of Windows may have a virus in it or what may have happened to me, detailed below.

I've never had to disable Java on any version of Windows I've used {Win XP, Vista, Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit}.

However my virus software DID keep putting the Sequence Editor into the area alwasy saying it was infected with a virus, yet, I ran scans with some other anti-virus software and stated it was clean.   The one that will create issues with the LOR Software is the Avast! Anti-Virus under Win XP especially.     So I had to go in to the Avast! virus software and put all the LOR software as an Exception so the software would not scan or bother with it.  

I also sent the info to Avast! telling them the LOR software WAS NOT infected and that their software continually said it was, but never heard from them on it.

So you may also want to look at your virus software logs and virus holding area and see if it's not only creating that error during installation WITH Java enabled.  Disabling Java may/may not cause an anti-virus program to create your issue.

But see if it is putting the LOR software in those areas and not allowing it to install or operate.  

Mine didn't even alert me, it just put the LOR software into it's holding area and wouldn't allow it to load, run or anything.     I just happened to locate the issue quite by accident one night.

Sometimes anti-virus software can be a bigger pain in creating issues than it is supposed to resolve!

Just know on my Win XP Home Edition, Avast! constantly created problems and would not allow any of the LOR software to reinstall or run. if it was installed {precvious to the install of the virus protection software}.

Good Luck!

Edited by Orville