Light-O-Rama Forums

Reversed Trigger Input on CTB16PC Gen2? Input 2 N.C. is really N.O.!

Orville

I have 4 CTB16PC controllers, and when I load the HWU and look at the "Test Inputs {for Interactive}" Controller 1, 3 and 4 always show the top NO triggers as active {Check mark in boxes 1,2, and 3, this without any switches connected} to them, however Controller 2 shows NO trigger 1 and 3 {boxes checked} as active, and NO trigger 2 is not checked, but always shows the bottom #2 NC trigger as active.

When I go into the configure option and set controller #2's trigger input for NC {bottom check boxes} and then go back to the "Test" and again select the "test inputs", then controller 2 with the NC box checked shows the NO boxes as all checked, that is now boxes for NO #1, #2 and #3 are now checked as active.   If I set the NC #2 check box back to the top NO box, and do the same check, the #2 NO box is unchecked and not active.

So I'm wondering if this one controller {controller #2} may have been miswired where the NO and NC input has been swapped in error during construction?

Was thinking of possibly using some interactive options for 2015 and had never looked at this in the hardware utility until a day or two ago and found this issue.     So I'm thinking if I use controller 2 for any triggers, I am going to have to put a NO switch on the NC side of the input in this controller.

It's not all that big a deal to me, but I'm going to have to make a note inside this controllers box to remember that the two inputs have been swapped NC->NO and NO->NC on input 2.

Just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this issue when looking at the trigger inputs of their controllers that use interactive triggers?

Edited by Orville

The display of what is going on with the triggers is erroneous in the Hardware Utility unless you have actual switches physically connected.

Right on the test screen it should say:

"During Input Trigger testing, only the inputs that have switches connected will give an accurate value."

http://www.lightorama.com/help/testing_units.htm

The display of what is going on with the triggers is erroneous in the Hardware Utility unless you have actual switches physically connected.

Right on the test screen it should say:

"During Input Trigger testing, only the inputs that have switches connected will give an accurate value."

http://www.lightorama.com/help/testing_units.htm

Perfect timing Mike.  Just realized that today.  After it rained, the other controllers started giving weird results {randomly} and I must have missed the fine print. LOL    

Just saw that statement today, of course being legally blind as of 9/2014 hasn't helped seeing those small letters on the computer screen {even with the large font setting}!  

I guess need a big print version of the LOR Software Suite now so I can see and read the messages I'm missing!. :o  :rolleyes:

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked