Light-O-Rama Forums

12 crr enclosure

Larry Leonhardt

What are you using for your CCR enclosure ? Do you put all 12 in one enclosure ?

I do. I have mine screwed down on a wooden rectangular TV dinner table & I put a tote box over top. The power supplies are in water proof army 1st aid boxes & I drilled holes to get the wires to the ccr controllers & for the plugs. I screwed two power bars on the bottom side of the table & plugged the cords in them, & then I put the two army 1st aid boxes under the table. That worked well for the Matrix these past two years. However this time because I am going with a 16 ccr tree I may come up with something new, unless I hide the table behind the ccr tree. 

Originally what I used was an old coleman cooler. I mounted a couple pieces of 2x4 about 3/4 of the way up the cooler. My 12 controllers were mounted on the 2x4 and there was plenty of room below for the power supplies and power bars. Once I had the mega tree set up I decided to instead just run the cords under the garage door so I never got to test my enclosure...............

I have all my controllers and power boxes in a cooler I drilled holes in the side and put small PVC pipe through and glued it in for all the wires to run through works well all water proof has been great for three years now

I was looking online at our local Sear store, and found this tool box, and I think it just might be perfect for 12 CCR's controllers and 2 power supplies.

Edited by Larry Leonhardt

I was looking online at our local Sear store, and found this tool box, and I think it just might be perfect for 12 CCR's controllers and 2 power supplies.

That would work or the Stanley Fax Max Tool Box because it is suppose to be water proof. It has a orange or yellow seal around the inside of the lid. I may need to switch to that for this season. 

Edited by lightzilla

• 1 month later...

DSCF0013_zpsjqsa9kkn.jpgI have started mounting my 12 CCr's, There are attached to a plastic cutting board, and are linked together using 1 foot cat-5 cables.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/LLeonha104/CCR%20Modules/DSCF0013_zpsjqsa9kkn.jpg

Edited by Larry Leonhardt

DSCF0013_zpsjqsa9kkn.jpgI have started mounting my 12 CCr's, There are attached to a plastic cutting board, and are linked together using 1 foot cat-5 cables.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/LLeonha104/CCR%20Modules/DSCF0013_zpsjqsa9kkn.jpg

I also used 1 foot cat 5 cable.  It s looking good.

• Like 1

I agree, you did a nice job!!!

I may need to do a make over on mine, but first I want to finish my mini (4 foot) Ferris Wheel, & then a Carousel, & then a frame for either a ccr tree or a ccp tree, & if I have time say in early November I may get to the modifying of the ccr controller cabinet. :)   

• 1 month later...

Hi larry

Was just wondering what power supply's you are using and were did you bye them is that just two power supply's for 12x CCRs you done a good job on that

bought them off  E-Bay from seller prism_eletronics5

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the first day to test my CCR enclosure in heavy rain, and the inside was bone dry.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked