Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing suite or papagayo ?

Slowpoke

The issue I had yesterday in papagayo was when I was trying to slide the lyrics down toward the end of the audio where they lined up correctly. It was if there was a line there that the lyrics would not go beyond . Had the audio cut to about 1 min30 secs long. Do you think that was still too long ? Or do I need to put the lyrics on more lines as I type them in. Thanks for any help.

The issue I had yesterday in papagayo was when I was trying to slide the lyrics down toward the end of the audio where they lined up correctly. It was if there was a line there that the lyrics would not go beyond . Had the audio cut to about 1 min30 secs long. Do you think that was still too long ? Or do I need to put the lyrics on more lines as I type them in. Thanks for any help.

I think that is a bug in Papagayo but with an easy work around...slide it down as far as it can go, save your work, close down Papagayo and then reopen it..it will then allow you to slide it to the end. And that is how I find it easiest to work with Papagayo..work from the end of the song to the beginning. And yes more lines helps as it is easy to work with smaller lines...I usually use the lines as it would look if it was in poetry form, if that makes sense..or I usually copy and paste it from a Google lyrics site.

Edited by jimswinder

I haven't tried the papagayo as of yet because I used the "wave Form" in the sequence editor.  I slow the song down to half speed & do the beat, the words, the instruments here they start & stop etc.   I use the words for more than singing faces, or singing trees & so I need to put the timings down for the words. I group the words together to get smooth flowing mini trees, & Marty Fans.  Wave Form at 1/2 speed works for me. 

Papagayois a total pain. Tried to use this week and a total waste of time imo. In the time it takes to do one phrase I could do half a song.

Granted, my faces are upper, middle, lower and o. And I am really just up and down and o. But my mouths are perfectly synced with the singers. Easily accomplished using half speed. Use the pause with the space bar and go back and forth as you sequence to verify proper placement. After 2 songs you will get it and you will speed up.

Papagayo...requires a lot of setup. Requires finding the lyrics...one or 2 people singing...different lines for each plus one line for both. Each has to be programmed. And oh, only do this in one minute increments of the song. Then combine at the end....just too much work.

Make your face in visualizer....your gonna want it anyway to verify your songs...and program it in sequence editor.

Just my opinion. I use superstar because it is faster...so I don't have a problem learning anything new but I am all about the speed. Papagayo slows me down.

So for me and singing faces it is the sequence editor. The rest of the display gets sequenced with superstar.

To make my faces, I used the LOR object creator. It's a free program so Google it.

I get an image of my face and then make each lighted item a different color and then export the element. Easy. (I then change the color back....the LOR creator uses colors to differentiate channels).

I have my avatar faces, a frosty the snowman and a modified version of the holiday Coro faces....it does not have the oval mouth. If you need any of these for visualizer pm me and I will send them to you.

Edited by sax

Papagayois a total pain. Tried to use this week and a total waste of time imo. In the time it takes to do one phrase I could do half a song.

Granted, my faces are upper, middle, lower and o. And I am really just up and down and o. But my mouths are perfectly synced with the singers. Easily accomplished using half speed. Use the pause with the space bar and go back and forth as you sequence to verify proper placement. After 2 songs you will get it and you will speed up.

Papagayo...requires a lot of setup. Requires finding the lyrics...one or 2 people singing...different lines for each plus one line for both. Each has to be programmed. And oh, only do this in one minute increments of the song. Then combine at the end....just too much work.

Make your face in visualizer....your gonna want it anyway to verify your songs...and program it in sequence editor.

Just my opinion. I use superstar because it is faster...so I don't have a problem learning anything new but I am all about the speed. Papagayo slows me down.

So for me and singing faces it is the sequence editor. The rest of the display gets sequenced with superstar.

I agree that papagayo is a pain to use.  There are many flaws in addition to the ones you mentioned,  but also some pluses.  It does support faces which have all ten mouth shapes.   All papagayo output will have all 10 phonemes.  Then its up to the user to decide which of those to collapse or combine for mouths with fewer or just a couple.   My faces have all 10  and I like the precision that comes out of papagayo. Sharing the .pgo allows all types of mouths including RGB mouths to be generated instead of only the shapes stored in SE.  This is the same concept as SS where the commands to generate a lip sync'd song are stored separately.

The last 2 or more years, since I got a faster computer, there has been no need to split the .wav into sections and combine them later.   There are many songs done with papagayo which are shared here.   The converter program has been downloaded about 480 times in the last 5 months.   I am not saying anyone should use it, honestly it does suck to use.  The absolute best lip syncs I have seen are done using SE alone.  I am just saying a ton of people do use it so its got to be good for something. 

thanks sax . do you use a particular timing grid that works best when working with the singing faces ?

Typically .10 second works fine. Flo rider needs .05 though.

All papagayo output will have all 10 phonemes.  Then its up to the user to decide which of those to collapse or combine for mouths with fewer or just a couple.   My faces have all 10  and I like the precision that comes out of papagayo.

Hey Bob...do you have any video of your 10 mouth movements? I only use five (since the other five are so similar)and think it is pretty well synced.  B)

I took video Jim  but I have not edited it yet.    I will look for it and post here later.   This has small bit 

I meant video of your actual singing tree...or whatever your mouth is on.  <_<

Edited by jimswinder

Finally added the second voice to this one.

The longest lip sync'd song ever.    Face glitch for the first few minutes. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

• 2 months later...

downloaded papagayo.

downloaded and got the HC singing trees and monster faces into it... changed a lot of my music files to wave from mp3....

can get the music to load but am completly lost after that point.... lol..

I cannot seem to get it to seq any of the mouth movement parts or do anything except play the music..

what step am I missing. I have went over and over your video Bob and cannot find the step I am missing... I want to use the reg 8 channels for each face.... and will have all 4 of the HC trees. and all 4 of the monster faces from HC when I am done ordering things.

Tjhanks

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

1) have you copied / pasted lyrics and or spoken words in the box under "Spoken Text:"?  shorter sentences work best

2) then you need to click on "breakdown"

3) this is where it becomes a bit tedious...you then need to start moving the phrases highlighted in green to match up with the actual audio...I usually start at the end of the song as there will be a big gap to where the green phrases stop and the end of the audio. you just grab and pull. More than likely you will reach a point when they will no longer move to the right. Just save the file, shut down Papagayo and reopen it and it will then allow you to move it to the end of the song.

It takes a little bit to get used to it, but I think it is a great time saver if you do a lot of songs with mouth movements, like I do...

Edited by jimswinder