Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing suite or papagayo ?

Slowpoke

For those trying to sequence the singing trees and pumpkins , is everyone using the papagayo program or are some getting it done with the sequencing software ? If so , are you using the tapper wizard to mark the timing ? Anyone else working on this ?

I'm not familiar with Papagayo, but quite a few people use it.

It's certainly doable in the Sequence Editor; I've done it for clients in the past.

I'm no fan of the Tapper - I use the wave form and 1/2 speed as a guide.

Both Halloween and Christmas have singing faces for my display. I use only the sequencer and half speed. And I use the space bar method, where I start and stop the song using the space bar instead of the play buttons.

It takes time to get used to sequencing songs but it does get easier the more you do. And some songs go much faster as they have a repeating chorus that you can copy and paste.

I did look at papagayo but it has limits to the length of the song and you have to sequence parts of a song at a time. That and initial setup of papagayo led me to just use the sequence editor.

CThere's a growing number of sources for purchasing singing  sequences.  For $8 tp $15 per sequemce. it's not worth my time and effort in doingt it from scratch. I'd rather concentrate on sequences the non singing element of my display.

Considering what we spend on the actual display elements, buying singing sequences i is so minor.

Thanks for the feedback . I think I'll try it just as you guys have suggested . Being my first year , I'll only have the one singing tree so might not be quite as time consuming as the 4 .  I have seen some sequences out there for sale and think that would be useful for reference and will probably get a couple so I can see how a good one looks in the sequencer . I really want to be able to do it myself  so I can have a few songs that I really like and most everyone else doesn't have . Starting early this year .

I use and have used Papaguyo for a couple of years now.   ItsMeBobO has a converter to change papaguyo data into LOR clipboard  data.  Works well. he also has some turorials.                                      http://itsmebob.com/SD.html 

Nutchracker can also convert papaguyo data into x Lights and then into LOR.

• Like 1

Papagayo is very powerful animation tool. I use it for every singing element in my shows and for me I am able to make the animation look like a good cartoon. I have seen many a sequence where the singing elements are just flapping the lips up and down to the singing and it don't match at all. Papagayo gives the user the tool for true animation synchronization. Couple that with BobO's tools and tutorials and you have the holy grail of animation tools for LOR. If you are serious about doing your own singing elements I suggest you Go to BobO's site and get started now. just play around with it and If you have any questions, We are here for you.  here is one of my sequences that Holidaycoro.com sales. 

Got all bobs downloads done. Having a little trouble getting the tree faces over to papagayo as bob didn't do it in the video. He told me to just export them over there but not having much success. Tried drag and drop already too . I see the mouth folder in papagayo and the folder that says hc trees but can't move it over there.

we'll I got the trees in the program and a portion of a song so i'll try and follow bobs video from here .

When I need it done quickly, I pay someone else for their sequence. If I have time I put a mirror in front of me and do it myself and am usually happier with the results.

• Like 1

When I need it done quickly, I pay someone else for their sequence. If I have time I put a mirror in front of me and do it myself and am usually happier with the results.

http://youtu.be/i4_MM6nyJ-0

Love the cops sequence. I also like how you personalized your singing trees. Mean eyes was a singing which was cool....but the announcer tree, who also has some mean eyes, was a surprise. Great job.

Where did you get your siren lights? They look pretty big.

that looks really good . haven't yet tried it in the sequence editor but have got a couple of tips on doing that already . will be doing that next . I can see that some really like papagayo and some do the sequencing just fine in sequence editor .looks like i'll be trying both and see which is easier I guess . thanks for all the tips . good to hear what others have done .

Love the cops sequence. I also like how you personalized your singing trees. Mean eyes was a singing which was cool....but the announcer tree, who also has some mean eyes, was a surprise. Great job.

Where did you get your siren lights? They look pretty big.

They aren't siren lights - they are professional-level stage lighting I bought with custom domes to keep them weatherproof. You can see them in action better here:

I do it the old way because I couldn't figure out Papagayo

I enjoy the "1" channel in your signature, haha

Listen, listen slow, listen slower and sequence until timing looks good. Takes some additional time, but end result looks fine.

I have 4 eye channels, 4 mouth channels and male/female channel (santa hat and girl yellow hair with red bow). Works well with duet song.

Check out "Colley Christmas" on YouTube for "All I want for Christmas Is You". Mariah and Michael.

Did a segment of a song last night with the papagayo and it seemed to look ok. Liked being able to watch the actual tree there with the mouth movements as I was working on it. Gonna try doing it with the sequence editor tonight. Seems that I need to watch in mirror and write down mouth positions for each word, then just slow down lyrics and turn the appropriate channels off and on . Do you use any fading or just off and on ? What will I use as a visual in sequence editor to see how it looks ?

Ok. Working on that this weekend Had a few issues so with that papagayo so using SE this weekend. Got the mouth shapes down just gotta work on the correct timing. What works good for timing marks ? Are you just drawing shape of the mouth in visualizer with string light. I am gonna get this . Eventually. Thanks for all the input and tips everyone