Light-O-Rama Forums

(Some of) My 2015 Christmas Display Videos

blbeattie

The strings on the tree are attached to 'mega tree pixel mounting stips' (available as group buy through doityourselfchristsmas.com). The pixel mounting holes on those strips are spaced 1" apart, and I used 4" spacing on those strips. 50 pixels on the CCP x 4" spacing = ~16.5' string.

The frame is ~17.5' high at where the pixels attach. I got the 'head', the base, etc from christmaslightshow.com.

There basically is no spacing at the top of the tree where the pixels attach, and at the very bottom I have them spaced 10", but that is 15" - 18" below the last pixel. This year, I did not use a 180 degree tree. I actually moved the ring in a bit, tightened its radius, and used something like 160 degrees. It just made sense to do that, since the tree was not going to actually be viewed from either side, and this way i could get some more 'resolution' out of the pixels.

I haven't looked at holidaycoro.com for a while, I guess they've really increased their sequence selections lol

None of the sequences are from holidaycoro.com. The Minitrees and some of the other hardware are, though.

I'm not sure where I got the strobes from, as those were purchased 4 or 5 years ago. But I have a strong suspicion they are from 3glightingcreations.com.

I love the "Lights of Christmas", especially your pixel tree. Would you share the sequence if I said please? lol
None of the sequences are from holidaycoro.com. The Minitrees and some of the other hardware are, though. I'm not sure where I got the strobes from, as those were purchased 4 or 5 years ago. But I have a strong suspicion they are from 3glightingcreations.com.
Sorry I meant to say holidaysequences.com. Either way they're very cool.

• The topic was locked