Light-O-Rama Forums

Lowe's has these nice totes on sale

Santas Helper

Love these bins.... But I made a frustrating society last year:I bought a LOT from Lowes, Then saw them at Costco, and bought more.They looked identical.... But... They aren't.... And so the lids don't interchange and they don't stack perfectly.... Doh!

Same with Home Depot's. Won't stack with these.

Off to Lowes to buy a few more.

Yep... these are addicting. I bought about a dozen last year with the intent of using them throughout the year when I worked on stuff.  Too bad my wife decided she liked them more. :D

Bought six today... will probably buy six more over the next week.

I have been using the Ziploc totes...

Twice as much money but they are air and water tight.

If that matters to you.

My stuff goes into the crawl space and I like it clean when it comes out in the fall.

Got to say. Though I like those totes, I've found myself leaning much more towards the clear ones, especially the last couple of years. Nothing like being able to see what is in which container at a glance.

Got to say. Though I like those totes, I've found myself leaning much more towards the clear ones, especially the last couple of years. Nothing like being able to see what is in which container at a glance.
a sharpie does the same thing ;)

Until you change what's in the box. ;)

Simply strike through what was Sharpied and then add more Sharpie!!! :)

I label and date all my tubs. I find I usually re-use most of my tubs for the same stuff year after year. The only time I really change what's in them is the last couple when I'm cleaning all the left behinds.

The clear ones in my experience collapse under pressure. I stack stuff for better use of space.

I use duct tape to label my totes (the ones mentioned on this thread).

If something changes, I just place another piece of duck tape over the existing piece and label it.

But with my system, I have the same lights or wiring go back in the same totes year after year so not much reason to relabel.

Organization for set-up and tear down saves a ton of time.

So at a glance, I look at the label on the tote. :)

Edited by Santas Helper

These storage containers are again on sale in case anybody is looking. Priced at $8.98 before any military or other discount.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_44066-61896-44066_4294713243__?productId=3551290

These are $7 at Costco. I've got about 25 of them and are great. I had gotten a few at HD and the lids are different so they don't stack. Also the lids cracked from the stacked ones above them. So go with the Costco ones. At least if the lids do crack you can do a straight exchange.

Lowes and I think Home Depot also have what they call contractors discounts whic apply yo anyone getting 10 of the same item... many times you just have to remind them or ask for it..  That way if you arent, or havent been military you can get the discount to..

Also all you need to get the military discount is your VA card or DD214 in some cases... not everyone has a

copy of dd214 but all even if in just a short time should have a VA card... Its free go get one.. even if you do not use the VA get the Card its good for a lot of discounts at different places.. such as free veteren day meals at Applebees and other places.

remember all you vets.... there are many many places that give you discounts for being a vet but you just have to ask... such as even Carls Jr. Homedepot, Lowes,, Applebees, Knots Berry Farm Theme Park and they also have a free day for Veterans... etc... 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked