Light-O-Rama Forums

Sacramento Meeting reminder...

plasmadrive

Bulb size is C9. One other person is interested in them also, but I'd have to back thru the receipts to see what I paid for them.

What might be your offer for the 35's and the 50's?

Your location doesn't show in your LOR profile; where are you located?

Bulb size is C9. One other person is interested in them also, but I'd have to back thru the receipts to see what I paid for them.

What might be your offer for the 35's and the 50's?

Your location doesn't show in your LOR profile; where are you located?

I'm in Sacramento. I'd have to talk with my financier (my father...I do the hard part, prove it to him... he supplies the money) about pricing... I'll probably add an edit line with our offer tonight. Do you have pictures of them? I'd like to see them. If not, I'd like to see them at the meeting. Thanks!

LN.

EDIT:

Response on offer will come by Monday afternoon.

Edited by lightingnewb

Several of us met in Fremont a couple of years back - we could do it again, but no one had suggested it.  Sacramento is a bit of a hike. 

I'm in Sacramento. I'd have to talk with my financier (my father...I do the hard part, prove it to him... he supplies the money) about pricing... I'll probably add an edit line with our offer tonight. Do you have pictures of them? I'd like to see them. If not, I'd like to see them at the meeting. Thanks!

LN.

EDIT:

Response on offer will come by Monday afternoon.

I found my stash of GECE bulbs; I have two 50 light sets, new but no box for $80 each and three 25 bulb sets, new in factory box for $50 each.

Picture is too large to upload, but I'll bring them to the meeting to see if anyone's interested.

I found my stash of GECE bulbs; I have two 50 light sets, new but no box for $80 each and three 25 bulb sets, new in factory box for $50 each.

Picture is too large to upload, but I'll bring them to the meeting to see if anyone's interested.

Still interested. Price might be good. See you tomorrow night.

Have a fun meeting, but don't learn/show everything so you can save something for the next one (when i will hopefully be there!).

TonyD

Have a fun meeting, but don't learn/show everything so you can save something for the next one (when i will hopefully be there!).

TonyD

Sorry TonyD, we are going to show everything we got and learn all there is to learn.. you are going to be left out in the cold... LOL.

Sorry TonyD, we are going to show everything we got and learn all there is to learn.. you are going to be left out in the cold... LOL.

Ok, well, i guess there is always the pizza. I'd show up just for that!

My father will be there for the first few moments...but he has to leave. He's the financial aid in all of this. If you're willing, we'd still like to look at the lights, but it looks like we won't be able to buy them tonight. Sorry. :(

Thanks for putting together this meeting, plasmadrive! I had a good time meeting people and getting answers. See y'all hopefully (including TonyD) in the next one! Thanks again!

Several of us met in Fremont a couple of years back - we could do it again, but no one had suggested it.  Sacramento is a bit of a hike.

We could do it again!

My father will be there for the first few moments...but he has to leave. He's the financial aid in all of this. If you're willing, we'd still like to look at the lights, but it looks like we won't be able to buy them tonight. Sorry. :(

That's OK.

I brought them all and had the 50 bulb string running so people could see it.

Thanks for putting on a GREAT meeting of the minds !!  Got to meet with a bunch of new folks and see some familiar peoples as well.  We enjoyed the gratuitous company by all, from far and near.  

We got some good advice and ideas to improve our lightshow for next season as we are gearing up for another BIG AMBITIOUS upgrade/rehab.    From the words from Walt Disney himself ... Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination in the world.   Hhmm,  I think I may have come up with a new slogan for Magical Holiday Moments  :) 

We look forward to the next meeting

We could do it again!

Sorry we missed you Tom, I know it is a long drive out to Sac.  Nancy and I would attend a Bay Area meeting if there will be one planned.

Ken - would you be so kind to provide a link to the Heat Shrink Wrap you were mentioning about with the 'sealing goop' inside. Thanks for talking with you.

Lightingnewb - I heard that you were wanting to talk with me about your lights.  Sorry we didnt get a chance to do so,  perhaps next meeting.  Stay positive and focused on your goals.

If I remember, and get the chance to, I'll send you a PM regarding what I would've talked with you about?

Ken - would you be so kind to provide a link to the Heat Shrink Wrap you were mentioning about with the 'sealing goop' inside. Thanks for talking with you.

3:1 heat shrink:

Good stuff from Harbour Freight, but single wall: http://www.harborfreight.com/42-piece-marine-heat-shrink-tubing-67598.html

Great stuff the pros use (double wall): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Wall-3-1-Adhesive-Lined-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-3-4-1-2-3-8-1-4-3-16-1-8-/181411526769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3cf83871

Edited by Ken Benedict

• 10 months later...

Will there be a January 2016 meeting and pizza?

Ed

Not sure if my prior post made it, so sorry in advance for two posts.

Will there be a Jan 2016 Sacramento meeting?  I'd love to come and meet some of the others with this addiction.

Ed

• The topic was locked