Light-O-Rama Forums

Sacramento Meeting reminder...

plasmadrive

Sacramento meeting (post reminder)

Jan 17th 2015, 6pm at the Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento on K St.  (Google it)

Newbies with questions and ideas..
Veterans with knowledge and ideas to share
Bring one or more of the following:
Stories of last seasons display
Props to show off
Videos of your display or elements
questions you seek answers too.
Answers you seek to spread knowledge about.
Money for your own dinner  :P
Things you want to sell
Requests for things you want to buy
Money just in case someone has what you want
A good attitude and a smile.

Cya there.

Hope to make it to the meeting. Loved the last meeting - was introduced to many people and am willing to share our brave adventure as newbies finishing their first season. It took 3 weekends to setup, yet only 3 hours to take down. How strangely disappointing it is. :( Anywho, thanks for the reminder. I'll try to put it on my calendar.

I am trying to rearrange my weekend so I can attend. I may still have a few 1602w's for sale if I can make it.

I want to come too, I am just soooo lazy when it comes to driving. Hopefully I have a lot of caffeine that day...

There seems to be a bunch of you coming from the Bay Area.. y'all should get together and car pool

hey honey, "im gonna drive to sacaramento Saturday night for pizza and beer with people I have never met and talk about lights, oh yeah, I will miss a day of work , too. - ok?"

Yeah that should work.

hey honey, "im gonna drive to sacaramento Saturday night for pizza and beer with people I have never met and talk about lights, oh yeah, I will miss a day of work , too. - ok?"

Yeah that should work.

I think a note from Professor Plasmadrive should do the work... tell your other half that you are attending "a class" on Christmas lighting. :D

I think a note from Professor Plasmadrive should do the work... tell your other half that you are attending "a class" on Christmas lighting. :D

LOL!!   I will be glad to write you a note... :P

I swear you do this on purpose.  Plan it for a weekend that I am busy.  Can we pick a Feb\March date now?  

So many questions and so much harassment you have missed out on without me.  

Do you have these meetings elsewhere? I am new to LOR and am in the Bay Area. Sac is a far drive :(

I have taken the train several times from Martinez. It is very convenient, maybe a bit more expensive than driving, but no traffic problems to worry about and the station in Sac is right there at old Sac.

Do you have these meetings elsewhere? I am new to LOR and am in the Bay Area. Sac is a far drive :(

There was a group meeting started in the Bay Area, but I don't know if it is continuing.

TonyD might know.

Edited by Ken Benedict

There was a group meeting started in the Bay Area, but I don't know if it is continuing.

TonyD might know.

As far as I know that was the only meeting. 

You most likely spend hundreds of hours on your display and playing with the light.. you would think 4 hours round trip worth of driving would be no big deal. 

Grab a ride from some of the others coming from that way.. or hop a train..  Come on down! 

I swear you do this on purpose.  Plan it for a weekend that I am busy.  Can we pick a Feb\March date now?  

So many questions and so much harassment you have missed out on without me.  

Com;mon Shaggy.. clean up your schedule and come to the meeting..

Bump.. keeping it in front of your eyeballs.. B)

Bigrob.. did you find someone to ride with by chance?  Would love for you to drop in and share some time with us..

I'll be bringing some GE Color Effects LED strings (new) if anyone wants to pay what I did.

Both 35 light strings and 50 light strings, most still in the box with the controller and remote.

One orphan string with no controller. It's sad and lonely, but I no longer need them. <sad face here>

I'll probably bring some "Angel Lights" ; circular strips of dumb RGBs to show off. <happy face here>

I'll be bringing some GE Color Effects LED strings (new) if anyone wants to pay what I did.

Both 35 light strings and 50 light strings, most still in the box with the controller and remote.

One orphan string with no controller. It's sad and lonely, but I no longer need them. <sad face here>

I'll probably bring some "Angel Lights" ; circular strips of dumb RGBs to show off. <happy face here>

The GE Color Effects LED strings... what's the offer price? Bulb size? I'd like the deets if possible (or I can get them at the meeting...) Thanks.

Is anyone bringing videos of their displays?