Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving Head Sky Beams

MrMr

Hey guys

Started to plan for next year show...... I am looking to add 4 moving head beams on my roof that would create a visible beam of light and is weather proof and that can be controlled by LOR.  Does not have to reach very far up in the sky but needs to create a visible beam.

Any recommendations?

C

I think about the only way you can accomplish this is with a fogger to see the light beam.  I use a couple Chauvet moving heads and the only way to see a beam with them is to use a fogger.  Then, you have to contend with even a slight breeze blowing the smoke in the wrong direction, etc.

Read this thread -

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/34358-the-great-christmas-light-fight-is-on-now-discussion/?view=findpost&p=317373&hl=%2Bstar+%2Bwars

Then google Star Wars Christmas Light Show. I've seen it in person. It is impressive and it can be done without foggers. I believe it's pretty expensive though!

Good luck!

Stronger beams = more money...a lot more money. If you want to deal with triggering foggers, it's a lot cheaper. Remember, what you're seeing when you see the beam is the light reflecting off of particles in the air, whether that be naturally generated fog or man made smoke/haze. That is the key to seeing the beams of light.

Remember, what you're seeing when you see the beam is the light reflecting off of particles in the air, whether that be naturally generated fog or man made smoke/haze. That is the key to seeing the beams of light.

And particles of air carry dust, smog and moisture on this planet.

With a bright enough light, you will get a beam without a fogger/hazer.

Edited by Santas Helper

• The topic was locked