Light-O-Rama Forums

How many networks

ebrown1972

I am new to rgb this year and new to using possibly more than 1 network. I currently have just 48 channels (3 residential controllers). I have purchased 4 cosmic color pixels from lor. Total will now be 1248 channels. Can I use one network to run these channels? Or will I need to split these up and run 2 networks? If I can use 1 network will I have any lag issues? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

If your CTB16PC's are G3 (green status light) then you could run everything on a single network. However, you would want to run it on a 500k network. If you don't have a USB485-HS adapter, then you would want to get one and run everything from it.

If your controllers are older, then you would probably want to run two networks, with the CCP's being on a 500k network.

Thanks for the reply Don. I know for sure that 2 of my controllers are G3. I will have to check the 3rd one. With the high speed usb485 adapter will I need to go into network preferences and change the speed to 500k or will it automatically detect and change it? Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply Don. I know for sure that 2 of my controllers are G3. I will have to check the 3rd one. With the high speed usb485 adapter will I need to go into network preferences and change the speed to 500k or will it automatically detect and change it? Thanks again.

You would need to tell the software to go 500k in network preferences.

• The topic was locked