Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D

Greyfox

Hi there:  Im new to this forum and look forward to learning as much as i can so i can put on the best light show i can for those that want to check it out. Need to represent up here in Canada. So my question is i am expanding what i presently am using. My goal is simple, I want to make 2 jumping arches with 8 sections each, but i want to use dumb LED light strips single color(white). So I have done some research and if I have it correct the CMB24D controller will work nicely with my CT16PC using suite S3 software latest version. So i want to use only 1 CMB24D to control the 16 sections seperately. Will it  work with me attaching each strip to the R, G, B and + ports seperately. So technically speaking i should have 8 ports left over . i hope i explained it ok. Of course i will use and extra power supply if needed.

Correct.  There is no NEED to use the CMB24D with RGB devices - it's just setup to make it easier when using RGB.  The CMB16D has a + and - for each channel which makes it ideal for 16 individual devices.  The CMB24D has three - outputs and then a  single + output which makes it optimized for RGB devices.  Just in the FYI department, my three CMB16Ds are used for all RGB devices except for a couple channels.

• The topic was locked