Light-O-Rama Forums

Need a timer for a MiniDirector

DerrickHoffland

Anybody have a suggestion for an external power supply with an on/off timer for the MiniDirector? From what I read it needs to be 9 VDC.

When I originally read the spec, I thought I could plug it into a regular outlet timer to start and stop my show. Not so. I'm reduced to physically going out and plugging in or pulling the CAT5 when I want the show to start or stop. Not fun now that we have snow.

Anybody know were I can get a timer quick???

Guest wbottomley

DerrickHoffland wrote:

Anybody have a suggestion for an external power supply with an on/off timer for the MiniDirector? From what I read it needs to be 9 VDC.

When I originally read the spec, I thought I could plug it into a regular outlet timer to start and stop my show. Not so. I'm reduced to physically going out and plugging in or pulling the CAT5 when I want the show to start or stop. Not fun now that we have snow.

Anybody know were I can get a timer quick???

If you're using a wall wart with a timer, that's all you need. Just make sure the wall wart is 9v.

EDIT: http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/mDM-MP3_Man_Web.pdf read page 10

Okay, I had to look up "wall wart". :?

I'll have to see if I have one for 9 volt output. I must have a dozen of them around here from old cell phones and answering machines. Does the current output matter?

You need about 200 ma. You will need to remove the jumper on the inside and make sure you have the polarity correct when you connect the wires. I believe it is explained in the manual.