Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller acts Weird

Grinch

Help please

1602 G3 Pro Controller acts weird.  

On 3 channels it does no fading at all, lights are just ON and OFF

On 2 other channels they flicker when they should just be on 30%.  It looks like a shimmer but it slowly fades in frequency the longer they stay ON.  All channels have at least 5 strings of 100ct bulbs.

All Bulbs are the sealed LED full rectified bought from Christmas-LEDs.com  

Just noticed the problem today.  I was going to do an animation display tonight after the regular show ended so I went out to test the light levels to make sure I would get the right levels.  I have the channels alternating every 10 seconds between RED, White and Green. 

So I have the main light level set to 50 % of say White and then I have Red come on at 20% and then alternate colors after 10 seconds.

Verified my program was good visually and ran it in the Visualizer and it looks correct there.  Deleted the programming on the channels and reprogrammed the lights again.  No Change

Reset the controller no change.

The controller is only one year old. 

Edited by Grinch

Two thoughts....

Change the cat 5 cable and put an Incan light string on one of the channels in question... Does it dim now. A third thought, switch the plugs on the dimming LEDs with the non dimming. Maybe you got some non dimmable ones.

Question. You said that they acted weird with your animation sequence. Did you notice the same problem with the show? Maybe it's the sequence?

Two thoughts....

Change the cat 5 cable and put an Incan light string on one of the channels in question... Does it dim now. A third thought, switch the plugs on the dimming LEDs with the non dimming. Maybe you got some non dimmable ones.

Jim Hans

Thanks for the suggestion  I will try a new cable in the morning.  I will also look for a light that is Incan  I am 100% LED but may have a string somewhere

Question. You said that they acted weird with your animation sequence. Did you notice the same problem with the show? Maybe it's the sequence?

Darryl

Things did change once the show started.   The shimmer or flicker seemed to go away but the dimming problem is still there.  I tried a new animation sequence made just for this test.  No change.   I will try Jim's suggestions in the morning.  It has been raining a fair amount here.

Finally have a update and I think a solution to the weird fading issues.

Change network cable - NO CHANGE

Added incan strings to the ends - NO CHANGE really had to go hunting for these at my house

All the LED's are the same type - same vendor But switched any ways.  - NO CHANGE

Changed the dimming curve.  - NO CHANGE

Updated firmware from 1.05 to 1.12  SUCCESS

Hope this helps someone else in the future if the problem arises again

• The topic was locked