Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP's for Arches?

edge

i am i used the garden border to mount them from home depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dimex-ProFlex-6-ft-Paver-Edging-in-Black-1260-HD/203706944?N=5yc1vZbx74

i cut it so i had 50 holes and was able to make 2 out of 1

then i bought 2 stakes for each end to stand it up

Edited by john fulkerson

I'm using 10 foot sections of 3/4 inch PEX with 50 CCPs drilled into the back side of the arch. Two inch spacing between the pixels takes just over eight feet leaving a foot on each end to slip over rebar to hold the arch in place. The spacing between the bottom of each arch is 80 inches. Looks great - IMHO...

I have six arches so using three CCP sets.

i am i used the garden border to mount them from home depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dimex-ProFlex-6-ft-Paver-Edging-in-Black-1260-HD/203706944?N=5yc1vZbx74

i cut it so i had 50 holes and was able to make 2 out of 1

then i bought 2 stakes for each end to stand it up

I used "No Dig Lawn Edging" this season for my arches.  I over laid mine with (White Duct Tape) to reflect the light better & it did. I then pushed sissors into the tape which covered the holes & I pushed the ccp lights into the holes. 

Now you posted this which got me to thinking. If they sell that stuff up here in Alberta,Canada then I could put the ccp pixels into those holes & put them up on the sides of the house & have them facing straight out for better brightness.  Otherwise the No Dig Lawn Edging would work on the house for 2015.

Any videos I've seen and the two displays I've seen in person with pixel arches seem to be for lack of a better word... Not impressive. Just not the same as my 9 channel arches wrapped on 1" PVC with 1800 incandescent lights each. Seems too dark, not full, not impressive too me. I plan on ditching 60,000 plus incandescents next year and going all in on smart pixels but having a hard time with with doing that on my arches. Everybody else happy with them?

Any videos I've seen and the two displays I've seen in person with pixel arches seem to be for lack of a better word... Not impressive. Just not the same as my 9 channel arches wrapped on 1" PVC with 1800 incandescent lights each. Seems too dark, not full, not impressive too me. I plan on ditching 60,000 plus incandescents next year and going all in on smart pixels but having a hard time with with doing that on my arches. Everybody else happy with them?

I think the important part is defusing the lights in something such as 1" PEX as mine are or in HDPE tubing as some do, just the single points of light doesn't look good to me

I think the important part is defusing the lights in something such as 1" PEX as mine are or in HDPE tubing as some do, just the single points of light doesn't look good to me

I have seen the pixels in pex as well. Just doesn't seem the same. Looks much better though. I got my feet wet with pixels this year but its hard for me to think I will get the same effect,fullness and brightness out of pixels on arches. The only part of my display I'm thinking about not going pixels. Will have to try it out I guess!

• The topic was locked