Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Command to Enable or Disable a Windows Device or use device's UI

Landsailor

Hi,

Is there a way to enable/disable a system device from the command line?

I would love to be able to turn the V-FMT212R on and off from a Windows command. I don't care whether it's enabling or disabling the device or figuring out a way to click the appropriate check box in the device's webserver. (There is no API available from what I've seen.)

I'd just like to be able to turn the transmitter on and off without having to physically unplug the USB cable. :)

Thanks!

Possible = yes.  Practical = no.  Likelyhood of problems = high (particularly for a USB based device).

Any particular reason to turn it off?  I just leave mine (different transmitter) on for the 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Any particular reason to turn it off?  I just leave mine (different transmitter) on for the 6 weeks.

In amateur radio, if you're not actively using a frequency, you're supposed to stop using it. That will get you in HUGE trouble, but technically, this is broadcasting so it might legally be different. Plus, a 100% duty cycle would probably be fine for one of the Ramsey kits, but there's no use in it being powered up for no reason.

Thanks for the devcon info, dslowik. I will take a look.