Light-O-Rama Forums

question - Can you use G3 - MP3 with CTB16PC

mrpbjnance

Title says it all..   Can you use a G3 - MP3 with CTB16PC

Bought a used LOR1602MP3 but doesn't work.  Looking at buying new this time.

Thx

Yes. All LOR Hardware is compatible, and can be used together.

The only "gotcha" is that older equipment can't run at 500k. If you are not using any of the Cosmic Color Devices, then it's something you don't have to worry about.

Thx Don but I would be buy a 16 channel controller and teh G3-MP3 new..  Only reason I picked the CTB16PC is to save a little money.  I won't have the LOR1602MP3 because it did not work and have to send it back.  Disappointing Christmas.. maybe next year

• 1 year later...

Have a G3MP3 currently running (6) standard LOR controllers and (3) CMB24D's running 8 channels of dumb RGB. All are on standard LOR network port #1 off G3MP3.

Want to add several LOR CCP'S AND CCR's on the other network port at 500 speed LOR enchanced network. How many CCP's and CCR's can I add without running into a problem with the G3MP3?

Also, is there only one communication port on the CCP's CCR's? If so, how do I connect several of these together?

Thanks

Have a G3MP3 currently running (6) standard LOR controllers and (3) CMB24D's running 8 channels of dumb RGB. All are on standard LOR network port #1 off G3MP3.

Want to add several LOR CCP'S AND CCR's on the other network port at 500 speed LOR enchanced network. How many CCP's and CCR's can I add without running into a problem with the G3MP3?

Also, is there only one communication port on the CCP's CCR's? If so, how do I connect several of these together?

Thanks

There are two RJ45 ports on the CCR's and CCP's. They daisy chain just like the AC 16 channel controllers.

I haven't tested it, but my completely random answer would be at least 12 CCP's (24 CCR's) would be fine. Could it go more ... probably. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have flashed the newest firmware to my G3MP3 which I believe is now capable for running LOR enhanced 500K network.

Question is how do I configure the two network ports on the G3MP3? I want both to run enhanced network one on regular and one on AuxA. I am running LOR version 4.2.12 PRO.

When you use the Hardware Utility -> MP3 Tab, you will be prompted to configure the ports once you click "Create Show"

Think I got it.

I specify "SD Card is for NEW Dual Network Director" and the network information is written to SD card?

Select communications speed to 500K for both networks and use a Class 4 or higher SD card?

Correct?

• The topic was locked