Light-O-Rama Forums

newbie question on cmb24

jdmaag

I have a 12 dc system that I want to run my 12vdc led xmas lights. Solar and wind charges my batteries during the day. My question is can I treat the CMB24 as a 24 channel controller instead of a rgb controller?

Yes, of course.

Just hook up the lights to the channels. You might have several wires in single +s.

When adding to the software, make sure to select 24 channel controller instead of 8 channel RGB controller.

What do you mean solar and wind charges your batteries? Your running this stuff off batteries?

I don't recommend running a controller and lights from batteries, although you should be OK.

If your powering 12v LED's yes.

I made white and blue strobe lights from white and blue LED strips and wired them in and had 12 strobes of two colors each.

I can not remember if the + for the channel had to stay with the R G B on that channel or not, but each R G B can be its own channel.  In LOR just list it as seperate channels not a combined RGB.  (it would still work but I think it would be more confusing)

Yes, of course.

Just hook up the lights to the channels. You might have several wires in single +s.

When adding to the software, make sure to select 24 channel controller instead of 8 channel RGB controller.

What do you mean solar and wind charges your batteries? Your running this stuff off batteries?

I don't recommend running a controller and lights from batteries, although you should be OK.

Ok, when i tell it 24 channels it comes up 16 channels, unit 01.1 through 01.16 and 02.1 through 01.8. Will the cmb24 handle 2 unit numbers?

Not to worry, I have more than plenty capacity, 4 extremely large capacity batteries.

Yes, of course.

Ok, when i tell it 24 channels it comes up 16 channels, unit 01.1 through 01.16 and 02.1 through 01.8. Will the cmb24 handle 2 unit numbers?

Not to worry, I have more than plenty capacity, 4 extremely large capacity batteries.

That is the channel name, click on it and then you can go into it and change the channel and controller numbers

That is the channel name, click on it and then you can go into it and change the channel and controller numbers

I thought of that and did it after I wrote the last response. But thanks I appreciate your help.