Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC firmware

Dinosang

Correct. CTB16PC-V2 4.40.firmware is for older (red status light) 16 channel controllers, only. CTB16PG2-V1.04 firmware or higher, is for G3 (Green status light) 16 channel controllers.

What's the lowest firmware level on G3 boards that will support 500K?

If I recall correctly any G3 firmware running on G3 controllers can support 500k.

Well, either your recall is faulty or I have a board that is.  I have a network for which I spent the bucks for a super-speed USB adaptor.  It has 3 CTB16PC gen 3 boards and five CCB controllers and when I tried lighting it nothing happened.  It wasn't until, in a moment of panic and desperation, I reduced the speed from 500K to 115K.  Voila!  The lights suddenly worked! 

The boards are early G3 models, so that's why I'm wondering if a firmware update is in order or what?

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is firmware 4.40 is only compatible with Ver.2 boards can someone please confirm this?

Thanks!

I was under the impression that the most recent firmware possible for v2 controllers is 4.40, while the most recent firmware for gen3 is 1.07 (i.e. v2 controllers can't run the newer gen3 firmware).

my v2 controllers give quite a bit of flicker to the point of considering replacing with newer gen3 controllers (which i dont get flicker with).  While trying to read up on the firmware changes (within the Whats New section in the software help file), i noticed the following:

"Gen3 Light-O-Rama Controllers, and pre-Gen3 LOR controllers with Gen3 firmware installed, support customizable dimming curves."

Does that mean gen3 firmware 1.07 can be installed on older v2 controllers, and benefit from their changes?

Does that mean gen3 firmware 1.07 can be installed on older v2 controllers, and benefit from their changes?

No. G3 firmware goes on G3 boards only.

• The topic was locked