Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel shorted and now half controller not working :(

MikeHeather

Hello:

I have the CTB16Kpcv1 board configured for 30 AMPs (2 15 AMPs providing power).

I was fixing one of the extension cords that my friendly rabbits chewed on.  Anyways, long story short, wire cutters went through the cord while hot and "pop".  So now one side of my controller doesn't work.  I power cycled the controller and fuses seem good, but and half the controller doesn't work.  :(

What should I be looking for to fix?

Cheers,

Mike

what do you mean "power cycled"?  I believe 9-16 plug is what powers the status LED, so the controller may still appear to be on even with a bad fuse.  Pull the fuse out and inspect or replace.

Well, since multiple people mentioned the fuse, I went back out to check again.  First time I checked the fuse I did a continunity check with my multi-meter.  Since the power was on, perhaps that gave me a false reading.  So when I checked again, I completely unplugged the unit and check and sure enough fuse was bad.  I took a spare fuse from one of my 15 AMP controllers and that fixed it!

Thanks for fast support!

Between rabbits and rain, it can be a challange to keep the show going.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

Glad you're up and running. It's terrible to be dark in the high time of our shining bright season.

I really appreciate the fact that LOR builds fusing into their controllers. Most mfgs don't and that little bitty mistake could have cost a couple hundred.

Edited by Mega Arch

Mike,

Glad you're up and running. It's terrible to be dark in the high time of our shining bright season.

I really appreciate the fact that LOR builds fusing into their controllers. Most mfgs don't and that little bitty mistake could have cost a couple hundred.

and possibly a lot more.

Mike please be a bit more tentive and pull the plugs that supply power to your controller any time you are working on the electricity. I am sure that everyone would understand the lights going out so you can safely work on your controllers. The alternative is a dead Mike just before Christmas. Consider your self lucky.

• The topic was locked