Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights turning on before sequence starts

Brookhaven19

I am using LOR for the first time this year and things have gone relatively smoothly except that I am getting strange behavior in a few songs.  For these sequences, some of the lights are turning on before the actual music starts.  It seems like they are the lights that are supposed to be the first to turn on, but they are turning on too early and it throws the show off for the first 5-10 seconds.  Everything is normal after that.

Here is an example of the behavior:

Any idea on what is causing this?  It is just at the beginning of the affected songs.

Are you using tracks?  I've found through my own experience that its easy to have 2 or more references to the same channel located on different tracks. Which makes it way too easy to activate channels you are not expecting at times you are not expecting them. 

That's the only thing in my mind that could account for 5-10 seconds, which is an incredibly long time sequence-wise.

OK, one other thing.  Are you using Compressed sequences in the LOR control panel?  Compressed sequences should be checked if it is not.

Edited by iflights

Just a shot here but are you sure all your music is constant bit rate and not variable bit rate? 

Jim,

I'll have to check each file to find out when I get home.  If a song is VBR, would I need to convert it to CBR?  Is there anything I would then need to do in the sequencer?

Thanks.

Are you using tracks?  I've found through my own experience that its easy to have 2 or more references to the same channel located on different tracks. Which makes it way too easy to activate channels you are not expecting at times you are not expecting them. 

That's the only thing in my mind that could account for 5-10 seconds, which is an incredibly long time sequence-wise.

OK, one other thing.  Are you using Compressed sequences in the LOR control panel?  Compressed sequences should be checked if it is not.

This song does have tracks since that is how I initially learned to sequence from the Listentoourlights guy's youtube videos.  The other songs have only the 16 channels in the file since I didn't find that using tracks helped me at this stage.  For this song, I'll delete the tracks and see if that fixes things.

I'll check on whether the sequences are compressed when I get home.  Thanks for the info.