Light-O-Rama Forums

SD Card Format

mrpbjnance

I have seen some intructions that say the SC card should be formatted in FAT..  However the system does not seem to read my cards if I do fat.  I have tried FAT32 and it seems to read my card but it sits there with the R light blinking until the scheduled time  then it goes out P light stays green and the light on the controll boad just blinks.

What should the card be formatted to?

What type of director and what type (name) of card are you using??

I'm with Earle - probably a brand of card issue. I used a new SanDisk this year. First day was great. Everyday after that I had issues. I dug out my last years Lexar cheap as they come card and everything works perfectly. LOR is stating we should use the Kingston Technology cards as they work with LOR and are rated to -20 degrees.

But as Earle asked, what director do you have? Then he can most likely tell you exactly which card is right for you. (Thanks for all your posts Earle - I've learned a lot reading your stuff...)

I purchased a used LOR1602MP3  they said its about 6 years old.  I have tried several different cards. 2, 4 ,8  Scan disk PNY and generic.  I can't find a kingston at any local store.  I don't have the connector to hook it to my computer.     I think it is reading the card ok becaue if I add the set time file it looks like it is setting the time..  However when I turn it on the lights chase 5 times so I don't know what version of firmware I have.

I try to schedule a show and it looks like it waits for the time because the R light on controller flashes until that time  but then goes out.. the red light on the light controller itself just flashes.

First you need to get the "connector" and connect the controller to the computer and see if all channels work, plus the firmware version in the MP3 player as well as the controller. I purchased Kingston sd cards at my local BestBuy store. I have never worked with the LOR1602MP3 controller so maybe DON will chime in and give you more or better advice about this controller. From all that has been said, is also sounds as if you don't have the LOR software, if this is the case you need to buy the SPK-ST Generic Starter Package from LOR. You can get that here

http://store.lightorama.com/spk800.html

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

• The topic was locked