Light-O-Rama Forums

High Power RGB Flood vs CCF which do you recommend?

callycoon

Hey guys,

I had a question regarding the above products. I had asked for a Cosmic Color Flood for Christmas and was given a High Power Flood from the confused shopper. I am not very familiar with either of the products but am interested in adding some LOR floods to my existing set-up. Does anyone have any advice on the major differences between the two. Which do you recommend I go with? What makes one a better choice over the other? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

The RGB 50W is very simple to use, and is very bright. Simply assign it a controller number using the LOR hardware utility, plug it in, and enjoy. I use mine along with 4 CCF's (not sold anymore) and am very pleased with them. Instructions on their use is found in the "User Manuals" under CF50D here on the LOR site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not at 50W there is not, even DIY you get really, really close to that price while on sale here.  I need more floods like a hole in my head, but I am thinking of one of the 50w beasts for the garage due to the topic of placement.  Easily I cannot get them on both sides of the garage, so one big one may be the way to go or multiple little ones spread out, have to play.

Alan

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a little redundant, but I don't think I see my exact question/answer in here, so I'm going to ask:

I just grabbed the 8 pack of 10W RGB floods during the Spring sale. Now that I'm seeing the CCF, I'm freaking out that I might have gotten the wrong thing. Can someone tell me the difference? Is one better than the other? It seems like getting 8 floods in my set as opposed to 2 in the CCF for a (somewhat) similar price must mean that the CCF is a much better product. 

My goal is to basically color-wash particular parts of the house. I would say I have medium-sized spaces to fill. 

Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a little redundant, but I don't think I see my exact question/answer in here, so I'm going to ask:

I just grabbed the 8 pack of 10W RGB floods during the Spring sale. Now that I'm seeing the CCF, I'm freaking out that I might have gotten the wrong thing. Can someone tell me the difference? Is one better than the other? It seems like getting 8 floods in my set as opposed to 2 in the CCF for a (somewhat) similar price must mean that the CCF is a much better product. 

My goal is to basically color-wash particular parts of the house. I would say I have medium-sized spaces to fill. 

Thanks!

The CCF is no longer kept in stock and I'm sure the reason for that is that the 10w are superior. I own both and I like the 10w better plus the option of having 8 different sources of light vs only 2 is far more attractive to me. I currently run 20 10w pointed at my house in a grid and 4 10w pointed towards the street plus I just grabbed another 8 pack 10w in today's sale. I'd say you grabbed the right lights.....here's a vid of my place if you wish to see what the floods can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSNV67lZro4

• The topic was locked