Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 Director not playing all sequences

lanopie

I've setup 4 shows on my card.

Show 1 is just some sets of lights on all the time before the actual show starts

Show 2 is my main show, there is 2 sequences, a 5 minutes intro/opener, then the main event (about 20 minutes).

Show 3 same as the first show.

Show 4 is a shutdown of the lights.

My problem is sporadic, the opener will start and stop within a second and then the main event starts.  Most of the time everything works well.

I'm afraid that it might happen with the main event, start for a second and then switch to the opener.

Has anyone had that problem?

Thanks!

If you are using the 5.28 version of firmware, just released, then I would migrate back to 5.26.

Run the LOR verifier against your sequences, make sure nothing is out of the ordinary there. Also, make 110% sure that your audio is 128k constant bit rate, else the director will have issues with the audio.

Thanks Don for the advice, I was out of town and I just got back.

How can you tell if it's Constant bit rate, I can see that it's 128k but can't see where to find the bit rate.  I'm using Audacity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks Mega Arch,

I saw that document, it tells you how to get a Constant Bit Rate, I'm looking to see if there is anyway of knowing if a file is Constant or Variable, for all I know it might already be Constant so why go through the process if it already is Constant.

There has to be something out there that could give us that info.

Thanks!

The only time I had issues with mine is when I upgraded to the 5.28 edition of the firmware. Reinstall the 5.26 version and it will probably work fine.

I did revert back to version 5.26 yesterday and last night for about 2.5 hours I listened to the show and everything worked fine.

Thanks goes to Don and Eric.

There is still the Constant Bit Rate that I'm curious about if anyone as anything on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks to all who responded.

Het don't thank me, I found out the hard way, and it was suggested to change the firmware. I hope LOR fixes this bug.

If you're worried about your mp3 files you can use the program Audicity. Import your song and then use "save as." In the options chose mp3, constant bit rate, and 128.  Make sure all your songs are set up this way. Most of them should already be like that if you're getting you music from Amazon or from someone else.

• The topic was locked