Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602MPS start up

mrpbjnance

Bought a used LOR1602MP3   .   I loaded a show on a card and plugged everything in.  The Small box on the MP# has a green status however the main board  is flashing .. Just steady flash Can any one help.  .

Sounds like a cable is missing between the director and the controller. On the older versions there should be cable going from the director to one of the three jacks on the controller. You say the controller is flashing, which means it's not getting a LOR signal. The director would provide that signal.

Thx Don but there is a cable connected.  

I created a show to a SD card (formatted FAT)  and found the instructions to set the time.  When I turn on the power the MP3 chase lights go 5 times.  Not sure what firmware version that is.   I tried the set time feature and that seemed to work but show won't play.   I just get the flashing form the main board.

Im stumped

Don't worry about setting a time and selecting a start/stop right now. When you create the show (in the Hardware Utility!) go with the 'Anytime powered' option.

That way you can diagnose if it is the director or the controller that has an issue.

Thank You Don for Replying but still no luck..  I tried a simple show as you stated..playing when power is provided..  I just get the blinking light on the LOR board.. the mp3 controller is green.

Not sure what else I need to check

The green "P" light is the power indicator. When you have no SD card in there, does the "E" light steady blink?

Does the "R" light ever stead blink? If so, then it is waiting for a show to start.

If a show is playing *and* if the connection between the director and controller is there, then you should get a solid light on the controller.

Without seeing the board, I don't know what is going on. Unless someone sold you a pile of non-working electronics, then it really does sound like a cable is missing. 

Is there supposed to be another cable other than the one from the DC3 to the LOR?

Is there a way to tell what version of Firmware I have.. the light chases 5 times

I opened it up to see the LOR controller itself..  At the bottom there is 2 spots for what look like fuses.. should there be fuses there?  I would assume it would not work at all if they were missing

Edited by mrpbjnance

If you have only one controller, then no, there wouldn't be another cable.

Check page 6 of the manual. See the link at the top of the forums for the product documentation.

Is there supposed to be another cable other than the one from the DC3 to the LOR?

Is there a way to tell what version of Firmware I have.. the light chases 5 times

I opened it up to see the LOR controller itself..  At the bottom there is 2 spots for what look like fuses.. should there be fuses there?  I would assume it would not work at all if they were missing

I'd go looking at the manual. The fuses for the 1602 are not on the board, but rather on top by the power switch.

Thx Don.  I have the manual I am just stumped at why its not working.. Was really excited about this now may have to return it.

OK.. don.. I did some ready and set the selector switch on the MP3 controller to 1 (and tried A)  When I do that the E (red light ) Blinks.. can't tell if it is conisderded a fast or steady blink

• The topic was locked