Light-O-Rama Forums

First year, first issue fixed

mfrost55

So I was out in the yard when the show started tonight and everything was fine. Looked over later and noticed my CTB16 wasn't working. Open the door and no power. Checked the power at the cable feeding it and power there is fine. Checked the fuses and they're fine but no power getting to the fuse on one side of the controller. Checked continunity for the power cable on the controller and no continuity. Apparently the spade connector that connects the power cord to the controller board went bad. Replaced the connectors and I'm back in business. Glad it was a fairly easy fix.

• Like 1

Great job mfrost!  my first year when something went wrong I was running around panicking and cussing.   :huh:   Learned the next year to always have a spare controller so If something goes wrong I can easily change to that unit ID, change out and get up n running quickly and then troubleshoot at my leisure after all.... the show must go on!   Actually, ever since getting the spare, I've only had one minor issue with a triac in the last eight years!  "knocks on wood"  :unsure:

• The topic was locked