Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows Command line...can it pause?

Robert Burton

Not sure if you are referring to me, the link poster.  Its not my video,  Its from LOR Bob who works for LOR.

I agree with you but this discussion should include relative versus absolute addressing.  You do not need to specify the full location if the file can be found in the current folder or from the current folder. 

Either way I dont think that is the problem the OP has.   One problem is the lack of confirmation or clarity on what the error is.  There should be precise fail messages for each step which we need to see. 

Wanted to thank everyone on here that helped. Sorry to leave you hanging on this.

I honestly tried FOR WEEKS now all the commands suggested. It honestly wasn't as critical since I am home right now. However when I am gone, I want everything to cut on. The .bat file would run by itself but not in any form or fashion in the Windows Command Line, so I gave up.

I got "System Scheduler" by Splinterware . Worked the first time I tried it. First time this season I didn't have to touch the computer to turn on or off the projector.

path statements for what they are worth (I know it's now working for you)

Path statements in newer versions of windoze (above 98SE) dos and windows do NOT play well with each other, a way to tell if it (windows OS) is pathing correctly is to open a windows folder (my documents is a good example) and then go "Start", "Run", in the dialog box type the word "CMD" and then hit enter or say OK with your mouse, IF (and only IF) a black DOS box comes up that is pointing to the my documents folder (or the folder you had open in windows)  (what I'm saying here is that the current windows folder box AND the dos box open to the same folder, THEN...) then the path statement is in "unison" between dos and windows, if NOT, then you would have to add the statement in environment varables "path=c:\windows,c:\windows\system32,c:\the folder you what the batchfile to run from" this would then execute correctly.....

Greg