Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D problems

Rusty

First year trying to use CMB24D with PS-LED-12V-200W power supply and (5) 10 watt RGB flood lights. I have advanced software and (7) CTB16PC's as well. CTB16PC's are addressed 1-7 and the CMB24D is addressed 9. All connections, DIP switches and LOR network jumpers are correct on the CMB24D. When using the HWU with the CMB24D plugged in by itself I can control the flood lights just fine. When I tie the CMB24D into my other controllers it makes the lights on one of the CTB16PC's flash randomly. When I put the CMB24D at the end of line it makes the lights on a different CTB16PC flash randomly. Also In the HWU when I refresh the list it will find 1,2,4,6,7 and 9. When I refresh it again it will find 2,3,5,7 and 9. It changes every time, but it never finds all of the controllers at the same time. If I take the CMB24D out of the system every thing works fine. Light o rama even sent me a new CMB24D but it acts the same. Hopefully I covered most of the obvious questions anyone might have to help solve this issue.

I had the exact same problem with five controllers and two CMB24's and it was a bad cable. Here is what I did, disconnect all cables and controllers. Connect the first cable and controller, check the HWU and run a test. If everything is fine then connect the second cable and controller and check the HWU and run a test. Keep doing this until it starts to act up. Once it starts messing up replace the last cable you just installed with a patch cable and not a cross-over cable. Mine just happened to be the last cable in the system.

• The topic was locked