Light-O-Rama Forums

Having trouble with my CMB24D

dankenney50

I am new to the CMB24D board. I am having a little trouble with two of my RBG light strings. I am using six RGB stings and four seem to be working great channels 1-12, two do not come on channels 13-18 when playing my musical sequences. I thought it could be a power issue but I have a old animation sequence that had CCR's in the channel config set to the current RGB unit id and the two strings in question come on in that animation sequence. I am using the light o rama power supply and both sides of the board have power connected. I checked the Channel config and its set to lightorama controller same unit ID (#5) with 18 channels. It should work but is not

Any ideas? 

Make sure you provided 12 volts to the 13-24 channel side.  +12 volts is separate between the two sides... 1-12 and 13-24!

Are you using separate power supplies for each side?  Check the fuse on the 13-24 side.  Also the + connection to each string on the 13-24 side.  It's opposite from the 1-12 side.

Edited by wbaker4

Make sure you provided 12 volts to the 13-24 channel side.  +12 volts is separate between the two sides... 1-12 and 13-24!

Are you using separate power supplies for each side?  Check the fuse on the 13-24 side.  Also the + connection to each string on the 13-24 side.  It's opposite from the 1-12 side.

NO i am not using a separate power supply for each, should I? I have one of the LOR 12VDC power supplies with the two ports hooked up to each side

If you have not yet corrected your problem, you might check to see that strings 5 and 6 are wired to the correct outputs.  I suspect that string 5 is wired to channels 22-24 instead of 13-15 and string 6 is wired to channels 19-21instead of 16-18.  Don't ask why I might know this.

• The topic was locked