Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor

Wayne K

I have a tune to 99.9 sign that I want to run as a background so it is on all the way thru my program and it works, But the problem is that when my startup show comes on with my program naration and stobe lights. The audio comes thru fine but the stobe lights will not come on. If I go in and remove the background show everything works fine. So can anyone tell me why when I add a background show it turns off the startup lights?

Thanks
Wayne

Do you have the channels for the start-up lights configured in your background? If so, remove them.

Your background sequence should only contain those channels you want to stay on. You will then want to make sure you do not have those 'background' channels configured in your main sequences.

When you do, these channels get two different instructions.

Don wrote:

Do you have the channels for the start-up lights configured in your background? If so, remove them.

Your background sequence should only contain those channels you want to stay on. You will then want to make sure you do not have those 'background' channels configured in your main sequences.

When you do, these channels get two different instructions.

I went so far on mine as to totally delete those channels from my sequences just to make sure that there wasn't a glitch. Runs great..

Brad Bilger wrote:

I went so far on mine as to totally delete those channels from my sequences just to make sure that there wasn't a glitch. Runs great..

Yes, I do the same thing. Don't have a clue why I didn't mention that in my message.

Thanks, Brad.

I have a background animation that seems to just turn off. This is my first year and with everything else running great, fighting a single light for the FM 'tune to' sign ticks me off! ;)

How SHOULD I have the sequence for the sign?

I have one animation with a single timing and a single channel set to on. I tried it with a one minute sequence with 1 second timings also. Just seems like nothing I try seems to work.

I load it on the background tab in the Show editor.

When the show runs, the sign is on at the start but randomly stops at the beginning of DIFFERENT songs. It goes off when this one starts but comes back on half way through. Then goes off another time on another one and may not come on again until the show starts back at the beginning.

I went as far to edit my channel config and totally REMOVE the chanel from all my sequences. So- I am stupid I guess but just dont know what to do to trouble shoot it.

I am running the Gamma release on win xp. EVERYTHING else runs like a CHAMP.

I LOVE this stuff. So I am esp. aggravated over the SINGLE CHANNEL!

I am sure this will be some dumb thing so go ahead someone and PLEASE make me feel stupid so it will be resolved.

Thanks-
Rusty

Hi Rusty,

Make sure that the channel that is defined in the background is NOT in the musical sequences. If it is there then delete it from the sequences.

It wasn't anywhere else at the time I wrote the post as I had removed it from all sequences after reviewing posts and seeing that would be a problem. But I would unload the control panel and reload it and it still would be intermittent. I got po ( :) ) and so rebooted the whole system as the show was playing even AFTER unloading the control panel. (No icon on task bar but process in task manager was running and I could not kill it.)

So when I rebooted the system it worked fine. So I was thinking maybe the control panel never REALLY unloaded and it was not picking up the change. (?)

At any rate- it works now so thanks. And I appreciate your quick response as always.

Rusty