Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Pauses Sequence Stops

daniel

First off, I know the pause function in LOR I is a side-note feature that was never fully developed and was removed from LOR II.

Second, why do I use the pause feature? This year I am animating the inside Christmas tree this year and I needed a way to have all the white lights on, then with a click, the show starts. So that means running from the sequence editor that has a pause in it while the white lights are all on.

I have the sequence, and it pauses and un-pauses and runs perfectly, but occasionally, while the sequence is playing the sequence jumps back to the pause and I have to hit "un-pause" and the sequence jumps back to the place it left off and continues. This does not happen in the same place. If the grid was moving, it would not jump back to the start, just the lights go back and the pause button turns back on. When clicked, it starts back where it left off.

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone even use this feature, or know how to get the same effect without it?

Thanks!

--Daniel L

I just relised something, from the LOR I help.....

The time that will appear depends upon where you clicked: it will be the time of the event just to the left of – i.e. just prior to – where you clicked.

Selecting this item will prompt you for “which input” this pause should wait for. The current version of Light-O-Rama does not pay attention to the number that you use, but in future versions, you will be able to use this to specify that this pause can only be unpaused by a certain specific event occurring – for example, someone watching your display pushes a big, red button.

After you specify the input number, the pause will be displayed to you as a red vertical line at a certain time, rather than the standard grey vertical line:

... I never remembered reading that this function was operational. So pauses will work durring a show? If so, does it work with the inputs on the ctb-16d? Or would this only be for animation sequences loaded as stand-alone on the controller?

--Daniel L