Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't install upgrade

fordsbyjay

I am trying to install 1.6.9 and I keep getting an error the the full version of LOR does not appear to be installed on this pc. blah blah blah, reason code =6.

I had a similar problem every time I installed the original software but I can't seem to get past it this time. I can still open all my LOR programs like usual but I can't do the upgrade. I tried the wiki as well as searching here but I can not find any solutions.

It is with windows XP.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jason

fordsbyjay wrote:

I am trying to install 1.6.9 and I keep getting an error the the full version of LOR does not appear to be installed on this pc. blah blah blah, reason code =6.

I had a similar problem every time I installed the original software but I can't seem to get past it this time. I can still open all my LOR programs like usual but I can't do the upgrade. I tried the wiki as well as searching here but I can not find any solutions.

It is with windows XP.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jason

Jason,

I had the same problem. Not really sure what causes it. E-mail Dan at support@lightorama.com and he will give you a fix to correct it.

Trailrider:)

For some reason if you have the lor program running and its in the task bar and you try and install the upgrade thats what happens. It tells you to stop running lor and retry the installation. Then when you unload lor in the taskbar and go to reinstall it you get that message.. I just uninstalled lor and then reinstalled it with upgrade. Make sure its not runing in backround...