Light-O-Rama Forums

Using 2 USB485 convertors

pwrshock

Hello,

I am running 48 channels of which one box is an Animated electronics DMX controller, my other 2 controllers are both LOR controllers, i was having issue last year with getting all 3 boxes to work off of one USB485 connector, it would work sometimes not all the time. I was told i needed to make them separate, so i purchased a second USB485 connector (high speed unit) how do i get both units to work, im assuming i still need controller one on a DMX universe and the other two can be on a regular network. How would i setup this up in my channel configuration, first 16 channels DMX universe, 2nd set LOR, regular, unit-1, channels 1-16, 3rd set LOR, regular, unit-2, channels 1-16? Thanks in advance.

If you are running the LOR controllers under DMX (they do that without doing anything to the controllers, but it has to be sequenced as DMX channels), then you should be able to run the LOR and DMX as a single DMX universe with one USB adapter.  There are a few things that the LOR controllers won't do when using DMX.  So there is merit to using two USB adapters and running the LOR controllers on one USB adpter under LOR protocol and the DMX controller on a a second USB adapter as a DMX universe.

As far as setting it up, you have it pretty much right in sequence Editor.  It does not matter what order the channels are in, as long as the channel configuration for each channel points to the correct controller.  You also need to set the network preferences for the second USB adapter.