Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller not recognized

Bany

I have 5 controllers 3 LOR160xW and 2 CBT16PC.  I have been using LOR since 2007. The hardware utility will not recognize 1 of the LOR160xW. 

I have tried everything I can find on the forums: wires, addresses, pins, using RJ11, but cannot get the net to recognize this controller even when the only one on the network.

I did not try to change the COM chip because I can't even find it.

What are my options?  New controller, new board, have Board repaired by LOR?

I know what a new controller costs but what are ball park numbers for repairs and/or new board?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.  Bany

I've been mentioning this a bunch of times but slowly getting the word out. Check the wire fingers of the RJ45 connectors. If they are pushed in and don't spring back out all the way, they probably won't contact the Cat5 cable when you plug it in. I had one controller this year, both connectors had the same issue.

Thanks for the replies.

I have checked all the pins based on your previous posts.

However I do not know how to reset a board and can't find anything in the manual.

More help please.

Thanks.  Bany

My #2 controller this year, which worked fine last year, got it out and connected it only to find that only some of the time would it connect. The rest of the time it wouldn't, nor would it pass on the RS485 to the next controller. I looked in the RJ45 fingers and on both RJ45 sockets, they looked fine, but in this case, they were all stuck in and none were retracting back up to a normal position. So the Cat5/6 cables weren't actually touching the finger of the connector. I so very carefully pulled these back up into a normal position and sure enough, it came to life. Its outside now running as it should.

Hi dbltrukr:

My board does not look like the one that you linked me to. 

The controller giving me problems is an LOR1600 series in a metal case.   I can't find any jumpers on the face of the board.  Could they be on the back of the board?

To DGRANT:  The pins all look good when compared to the other controllers I have, so I don't think this is the problem.

Thank you both for your help.

Bany

Mine were all depressed together and they "appeared" normal. But, when this thing wouldn't work at all on either connector, I used a very small pair of tweezers and carefully pulled the fingers back up a bit and sure enough, they did come up. Again, being super careful to not distort them in any way. I did both connectors then connected it to the network again and it worked as if it was brand new! This one was a 3-year old residential type. Last season, I acquired two professional types, metal enclosures...one of which was new and the other was damaged. Apparently the owner couldn't get the Cat5 off it and pulled the RJ45 connector right out of the circuit board. I obtained two new RJ45's from LOR, de-soldered and removed the old ones. Installed the new ones and tested good. They are both out in the show now too.

I can't find reset info on a 1600. Easiest would be email support and ask. LOR has replied with in a few hours every time I have emailed.

• The topic was locked