Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with new SD Cards

mfswear

I have the DC-MP3 director that runs my shows.  I have two old SD cards that I can write shows to with no problems.  I can write them with the simple show builder or the hardware mp3 and they work fine.

However, I have purchased multiple new disks and cannot get the director to recognize them, only get the rapid red flash as soon as I plug them in.  I have tried everything.  Reformatting in FAT, FAT16, buying 4 GB disks, 8GB disks, all with the same result.

The frustrating thing (well maybe the good thing is) my show runs fine, but I am afraid to make any tweaks to it, should it be written and then those disks do not work.

Any suggestions?

Don't use SanDisk. the cards must be 8 GB or less... Kingston cards work great....I use the Kingston SDHC cards as recommended by LOR. Make sure they're formatted FAT32.

Thank you so much!  All of the disks that did not work were scan disk!  I have purchased another brand and they did work and did not require reformatting.

This is the response I received from the support ticket. 

We suggest Kingston Technology 4GB SDHC Class 4 (or higher) SDHC memory cards because they are rated to work at -20 degrees.  These can typically be found at your big box stores.

We do NOT recommend any SanDisk SDHC memory cards.  Many of our customers have reporte issues making them work in LOR Show Time Directors.

We do NOT recommend using class 2 memory cards.  Look for a 2 with a 'C' around it.  Thes are very slo cards and most have trouble keeping up with the demands from LOR.

Stay away from Class 2 cards.

• The topic was locked