Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Installation Problems w/ Vista (resolved)

dcraig

How can I install the upgrade on Vista?

I purchased a new machine specifically to run LOR software…it is a Vista machine. I had everything running fine on this machine until this morning.

Having had a problem with the Scheduler not firing off the Musical Animation sequences (it would only run the first sequence and then stop) I uninstalled the LOR software, did the Registry Wipe, and started form scratch with a fresh install of LOR.

Now when I install version 1.61 back onto the machine it says everything installed fine. But when I try to run the software it gives me the error message that the software is not installed correctly.

Then when I try to install the upgrade 1.63 it give me the message that LOR is not installed on this PC and cannot proceed with the upgrade.

I’ve tried this process three times with the same result.

Help! My show set-up is tomorrow and I’ve got to run everything through final testing.

Vista Installation Problem fixed...

I was able to get a clean installation of 1.6.9 on Vista by completely removing all LOR software, running the Registry Wipe, and starting with a fresh installation of 1.6.1, However, I found it extremely important to right click on the installation executable and selecting "Run as Administrator." The installation of 1.6.1 processed smoothly and then I proceeded to the installation of 1.6.9. Doing the same as before and right clicking on the executable and selecting "Run as Administrator" the installation completed and everything works correctly. I have to assume that not running the installation executable as administrator had a detrimental effect previously.

thanks for sharing.

Yeah, Vista can sometimes get really anoying with all the little silly things it makes you do. I use it to.