Light-O-Rama Forums

Laptop to 1600 series connection issues

mjchawks11

Hello all,

I used to have a RJ45 serial connector that used to work great. Then I lost it.

Bought  a replacement (Tripp -Lite R450-000 ) that I cant get to work for me to save my soul. 

Auto config cant find it, and I am at the point that I have tweaked so many settings in my COM port (including deleting and re installing the port a few times )  that I have reached the proverbial end of the rope.  

What am I doing wrong????

Thanks in advance.

I've not yet heard of a 3rd party USB->RJ45 adapter that will work with Light-O-Rama. You might want to consider getting a LOR USB485 adapter.

I had to laugh a bit at this one. Dont come into a companies web site / forum and ask how to make someone else product to work with this companies software. LOL just nuts..

I had to laugh a bit at this one. Dont come into a companies web site / forum and ask how to make someone else product to work with this companies software. LOL just nuts..

I think you misunderstood the intent of my question. As I mentioned in my initial post, I had another adapter that worked just fine, so I was under the impression that it was not out of the ordinary for others to work. ("parts are parts" thinking, though I guess that shows my age!) and that it was just a case of me screwing up my software. 

So if I somehow offended you, my apologies.

• The topic was locked