Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with Daisychain!

Mickesgal

I have 3 CTB16PC Controllers. One from last year and added 2 this year. I individually connected them, changed their unit ID's, daisychained them with cat5, and now it appears that they are all detected in Hardware Utility, and they all fire off when I run a test; but for some reason when I run a show, only the original controller is firing off. What am I doing wrong?

-Jenn

What is your current license level? Basic, Basic Plus, Standard or Advanced?

What ID's did you give the controllers?

Did you update the sequences to use the new controller ID's? 

Standard

controllers are Unit 2 and Unit 3

Sequences are updated to use the new controller ID's. The channel configs in the sequences are:

Unit 1:circuit 1-16

Unit 2: circuit 17-32

Unit 3: circuit 33-48

still no clue as to why only controller 1 is the only one firing during a show, but tests fine in hardware utility.... ???  

It should have happened on it own but look in the SE's EDIT, Preferences, Network preferences then the LOR tab and see if the controllers are all there.

BTW, you cannot have the HWU open at the same time as the SE.

Edited by dgrant

disregard...I messed up

So, I suppose the next thing to check is the 1st channel on the second controller, in any sequence. Right click on that channel and see if it says its going to the correct network type, correct unit ID and channel assignment. 

Edited by dgrant

the channels are going to the correct unit ID and channel/circuit in SE

The network lists them as going to "regular" as opposed to any particular aux. (this is the same for all channels).... it worked this way with one controller last year.

You have a seriously valid point there... I totally missed that fact. Hope the OP reads this and checks/corrects it in his configuration

Wirenutt--That worked!!! Thanks tons everyone!! .....and now need a longer extension cord to plug part of this into a different portion of the house.... just overloaded my gfi lol  ...time to make a Lowes run...

Good catch Wirenutt. It was a blip in my mind too as I read it. Looks like I am coming to the party late. The channel addressing would be valid if you where running the controllers in DMX.

• The topic was locked